turbo question?

toxiccummins

well i have a htt 62/65/13 SS turbo in my 01 dodge and ive notice ive checked when it is cold and in my turbo shaft there is little play is this normal ? the turbo has only 4000 miles on it should there be no play in the shaft or is this normal that there is little play?

It is normal to have play, just make sure that there is no contact with the housing.

Check for in and out, don't worry too much about the up/down/side to side motion. If it isn't puking oil it is probably ok. Housing contact could be an issue.
Wouldn't want to sell the 13CM housing would ya?

We have one at the shop Dan let me see what the guy wants for it.

thks a million guys i was loss some sleep thinking about it. well another thing i was wondering is that i get different feed back on going with 150 horse injectors and i been told it will smoke like crazy and that if i drive it on the street i will have really hard time keeping the smoke level down what do you think guys cause i have 80 horse injectors in it now jammers?

I have an HTBG/14(57mm compressor/65mm turbine) and I have a set of DDP75HP injectors. 6 speed 3.54 285 tires. It does pretty good. Only EGT issue I have is if I let the RPM get below 1800 or so in 6th gear. Smoke with no towing is fine, I run my comp on 1x1 though. I ran a set of old diesel dynamics extrude hone 120-130HP with a 62/65/12 and smoke wasn't bad, but the EGT issue in 6th gear was worse. I had to be above 2000 rpm. Above 2000 rpm it would pull like a freight train, just that is about 72-75 mph.
That is why I would like to have a 12 or a 13 on my HTBG. I think the tighter housing would let me run around the 17-1800 towing the 11-12K that I tow.

Summary, I would probably go with a set of 120HP injectors.

well my turbo was set at 45 psi and im only hitting 35psi after 2000rpm is when i really feel my turbo and when it kicks in i have no smoke so if i go too 120-130 horse injectors will that get me my boost up in the 40's? guys at NADP told me with the 80 horse injectors with no smoke that im at full potentional with those injectors. i have hit 42 psi with the 80 horse but that was only once and it did feel like more power thks

a 130hp injector would be a good match. Like I said once the charger was lit, I wouldn't get over 1200 on the egt. 150's might work too, I just thought the 125's I had were a good match with the 62/65/12.