Turbo/Truck Problems

Fuzzys69

Got Smoke?
I just wanted to thank Doug at Gogo Diesel for helping me out at 9:30pm on saturday.If it wasnt for him i would have been stuck in NC.

When i pulled in my driveway the truck died, and wouldnt start. So i pulled the Egr out(will post a pic of it tonight) and it was stuck open. i cleaned it and put it back in, but when i looked down inside the egr, there was alot of oil in there is that normal??

Now the truck starts. But it takes a couples seconds for me to get power and build boost. Doug said my turbo vanes are stuck closed, How do i clean them?and would anything be covered under my warrenty.

Thanks
Fuzzy

If you still have the 5 yr. 100k engine warranty Ford should pay for the turbo and egr issues

Ford warrantied my turbo out a few months ago for the stuck veins under my 5 year 100K warranty. I paid the $100 deductible and got myself a new turbo.

The tech did tell me that sometimes they will just clean them though, so if you want a new one make sure they know it and you ask to see the old one.

Doug is the only Vendor I know that will answer the phone at all hours...

Thats because he is a vampire. LOL Cleaning the turbo is a piece of cake, once it is off. There is a how too in the how to section I believe.

My internet was down last night, so here are the pics of the EGR.

Attachments

• DSC00530.jpg
    DSC00530.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00531.jpg
    DSC00531.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC00532.jpg
    DSC00532.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00533.jpg
    DSC00533.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 29
Maybe it wasnt oil in there, could have been coolant and soot. The truck starting to smoke white/blue smoke again, and i look and the coolant is gone. could my egr cooler be bad?