turbo wheels

DMCK

Anyone know of a place to by different turbo wheels? I work in a cnc shop and want to try modifying a stock IHI turbo. Any info appreciated!:st:

I too have heard of one guy that takes a HX40 wheel and makes it work in an IHI. From what I've been told it makes it sound very nice...the kind of whistle everyone wants. The wheel was actually from an HX40 refered to as the SuperB. Not sure exactly what the differences are from a stock wheel to this one.

I was supposed to call him about mine, but never did until I can commit to doing it.

Thanks for the info. Will the HX40 wheel hold up better than the IHI wheel? I have heard the IHI wheel looses reliability at about 30 PSI. Also, How much work would be involved to make it work? I have access to a full CNC shop.

Also forgot to ask, Where can I buy an HX40 wheel? Thanks again for the help!

what is the point of putting a 60mm wheel from a hx40, when the ihi has a 60mm already? put something larger in there like a 64 or 66mm wheel, also port the intake horn it makes a major difference.

dmaxvaz, I machined the horn already. do you have any suggestions on where to get different turbo wheels? Also how big of a whell can I go with and still be able to tow? I tow between 10,00 and 18,000lbs. Thanks for the help

I have no idea but would the HX40 wheel require less machining work=less cost? And being the same size more or less...is it possible that the design of the HX40 wheel is "better"? Can design make that kind of difference in performance? Or would IHI have figured out the absolute best design for their turbo? I'm just asking.

Yeah... Machining is no problem at all. I am just curious to know what the possibilities are. I have done some more reading and it seems as if the weak link in the IHI turbo is the shaft.

Back