turbo whistle comes and goes at idle...

05STROKER

SuperStroker
hey guys ever since i had my truck in for its last service last year i believe they did a ficm halfshell or sumthin, ever since i got it back now when its idling it will whistle like normal then my turbo whistle dissappears and theres just a deep rumble noise, then after like 5 seconds the turbo noise comes back in slowly.. continues repeatedly while idling... why would the turbo whistle dissappear and return every few minutes? when it goes away its the same sound you get when u first start your truck before u get oil pressure. anyone else have this same issue or know what causes it? its a 05 6.0

so its normal for the turbo turn on and off at idle? i NEVER hear any other 6.0s do it! ive only seen one other 6.0 do it in my life. this is normal?

Actually the 6.0 is such a great motor it builds boost at idle. It is normal.

hey guys ever since i had my truck in for its last service last year i believe they did a ficm halfshell or sumthin, ever since i got it back now when its idling it will whistle like normal then my turbo whistle dissappears and theres just a deep rumble noise, then after like 5 seconds the turbo noise comes back in slowly.. continues repeatedly while idling... why would the turbo whistle dissappear and return every few minutes? when it goes away its the same sound you get when u first start your truck before u get oil pressure. anyone else have this same issue or know what causes it? its a 05 6.0

The newest flash from Ford (I forget the code #) cycles the turbo veins at idle to keep them from sticking. Perfectly normal.

Yeah, my '03 does the same thing. REALLY noticeable now that I've straight piped it. LOL

Yeah, my '03 does the same thing. REALLY noticeable now that I've straight piped it. LOL

Yea a guy at work has an 03 with straight pipe and cold air intake. D@mn thing sounds like a 747.

i was told cuz 03 -04 turbos only have 10 blades and the 05 and newer have 13 so the lesser amount of blades is what makes the insane noise!

lmao swamp, yeah it gets aggrevating but at least your not a cheater, cheatin on the wife you would always get caught comin home.

i melmo thats hilarious, i was holding my gut rolling around laughing! that just completely made my day go from ****ty to sunny