Turbo

Countryboy07

What size :charger: would be a good match for a set of 235cc injectors? I would like to stay away from using :nos: for the time being. I understand that if I do stay away from using the giggle gas that my best bet would probably be twins. Just wondering what everybody's thoughts are.

-French

235's are real big for a DD 200's or under is your best bet...bigger is NOT better.

I agree, bigger is not better for a daily driving machine. You can make 550hp DD with a set 0f 190's and a good vgt.

That's the thing, shes not my DD anymore so I want to make her into a toy/pulling/drag truck. I'm still undecided which way to go rather pulling or drag racing. I think that I would be more competitve in the pulling field with such a large truck, but still undecided.

-French

French,

If you plan on pulling, then you need to look into what class you want to pull in. That will dictate what size turbo you need and how much fuel you want.

If you want to drag race, then it is open.

Your best option is a set of compounds, something like our Performance 64 Compounds. It will use a 64mm for the high pressure charger and a 74mm low pressure charger. This setup will be a little laggy (starts to spool around 1800 rpms) or we can do the Performance 62, which uses a 62mm for the high pressure and starts spooling around 1500 rpms.

As far as a single, you will need a 72 or a 74, but you will have a very difficult time getting it to light. A 2500 to 3000 stall converter will probably be your best option if you are trying to stay away from the gas.

Let me know if you are interested in a set of compounds. We are looking for testers to help us fine tune the setups. In exchange for you help, we are offering a pretty good discount. Right now they are 5900 + 100 for shipping.

Thanks for the offer TRUSTED. I have seen a picture of your compound set-up and it simply looks amazing. Very clean.

You may be able to answer my question though, is it possible to make a set-up utilizing the factory turbo. I talked to a local diesel shop and the owner said he had seen a guy trying to fab a set-up like that but hasn't heard anything else from him besides the inital plans. Just wondering if it is possible.

-French

I would've jumped on that deal if I didn't buy the lady an engagement ring.

Although if I had purchased the turbos instead, I don't think she'd let me live to enjoy them.

Hey French,

The factory VGT can be built to be the high pressure charger for a compound setup. The problem is that it won’t last very long and there will need to be a lot of exhaust work done to make it live as long as it will (which won’t be very long).

Our VGT’s (meaning 6.0 Power Strokes) are not designed to handle much more than 450 horsepower and even at that, they are problematic. The Duramax VGT’s are capable of handling much more because of the design differences. That’s why you see people using the factory VGT on a Duramax, but not on a Ford. I don’t want to get into a long debut with anyone that reads this, so I don’t go into any further detail, but that’s our opinion.

Okay. Thank you for the reply. Looks like I will have to go another route. I really wish that I had the extra cash for one of your set-ups. They look amazing.

-French

Thanks. Let us know if you decide to drag race or sled pull. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this site who are willing to help and guide you to where you want.

French,

If you plan on pulling, then you need to look into what class you want to pull in. That will dictate what size turbo you need and how much fuel you want.

If you want to drag race, then it is open.

Your best option is a set of compounds, something like our Performance 64 Compounds. It will use a 64mm for the high pressure charger and a 74mm low pressure charger. This setup will be a little laggy (starts to spool around 1800 rpms) or we can do the Performance 62, which uses a 62mm for the high pressure and starts spooling around 1500 rpms.

As far as a single, you will need a 72 or a 74, but you will have a very difficult time getting it to light. A 2500 to 3000 stall converter will probably be your best option if you are trying to stay away from the gas.

Let me know if you are interested in a set of compounds. We are looking for testers to help us fine tune the setups. In exchange for you help, we are offering a pretty good discount. Right now they are 5900 + 100 for shipping.

Hey i wanna be a tester for that 64mm single charger,,,whats my price....PM ME

go non-vgt what ever you do, and do your self a favor and go with Trusted performance, they really seem to have the one up on everyone with this style of a charger!

Back