Turbonetics- worth my while ?

snowbound

Questions as always. Is a Turbonetics pn#15180 right for me and my 03 ? I have DDP 190's , Fass , exhaust , intake , studs and pretty much anything Dalpilot didn't need anymore. SCT programming by DJ will need to be changed. There's one here in Canada ( on Ebay if anyone else is interested ) asking price is $1650 obo. Used with 5000 miles on it. YAY or NAY ?

Sold for $1450 . It was a stage 1 suitable for upto 500hp. Don't find many (any) used turbos in Canada.

Had no idea. Reading all your trials and tribulations and you're only 450km away. The stuff you've gone through - now I feel even worse knowing you've been paying through the nose for everything in Canada ! The 66 would do better with the 190's than my 03 stocker and I'd still be able to pull my boat ? Biggest question is possibly facing a layoff in the spring. 15 years with the company and still never feel safe. I will keep it in mind.

That's the great thing about the forums...you use them to order your stuff through.
I quit buying locally over 5 years ago. When the vendors on the forums can give you a price, and deliver it for 2/3rds of what they want right across the street...I can wait for the delivery truck shows up.
It's not as good now with the exchange, so you really gotta watch the prices.

When I did my engine build, most small items were through the local International dealer, but injectors, turbo's, intake, intercooler, pushrods, pistons, rods, tuners, software, fuel pumps, fuel filters, and anything else...all from the vendors on here, and other diesel sites.

Everything I buy comes from that way too , from truck stuff to a whole lot of fishing equipment. EBAY IS MY FRIEND. The other injector thread where I stated my DDP 90hp injectors were 190's , I have a quote from Scott at Dynomite telling me they should be around 195. If they are only 165ish , a bigger turbo won't do much for me - correct ?

t-netics

snowbound, my buddy just purchased that piticular turbo and he loves it. it ran him 2300 new. if thats any better price than you've found.

Had no idea. Reading all your trials and tribulations and you're only 450km away. The stuff you've gone through - now I feel even worse knowing you've been paying through the nose for everything in Canada ! The 66 would do better with the 190's than my 03 stocker and I'd still be able to pull my boat ? Biggest question is possibly facing a layoff in the spring. 15 years with the company and still never feel safe. I will keep it in mind.

For us non canadians reading this... 279.617 is how many miles that is.

And the selling price Canadian after exchange would have been $1826 . If it were coming from the USA by UPS , after taxes and brokerage etc , the total would be around $2300. Still might need to drive to Med Hat for a 66.

My folks live in BonneyVille...my family and I visit them almost every month....."Free Shipping":rockwoot::hehe:

Look on the bright side, when you do switch out the turbos I'm sure you would have no problem selling that 03 stocker and recoup atleast alittle of the purchase price.

Back