turn key and nothing?

dangerous06

diesel tech
Got home had a 30 minute break Got in the truck turned the key and nothing. Had the starter turn for 1/2 a second half hearted crank. Figured Starter took a crap so I put a new starter in and still Nothing! Has anybody had this happen?

ok 3 beers later I put power to the yellow crank wire and walla it works fine!? Any thoughts.... gremlins!

Without a schematic in front of me I'll guess at an ignition switch. BUT I don't know of the switch directly feeds the starter solenoid?

I have been a member for a short time but have never had much to post about.

My 06 would intermittently do this sometimes. Typically when I would shut it off to order at a drive through. Had it towed home twice as it would not restart. I would let it sit and would try to start it a few hours/days later and it would start right up and be fine for a period of time.

The only thing I could ever come up with was the yellow starter wire would ground out on a bracket and cause the no start. I put loom around the yellow wire and haven't had a problem since.

Hopefully it's that easy for you. GL

Pull all the Connectors in the TIPM and Clean, Air Dry really well... sometimes they are stupid...

Now the whole system is acting stupid! Lost oil pressure and rpm. Pulled over wiggled main harness on fire wall and it was fine for 40 miles then started again!

Back