Twin Boost Gauge Locations

pjsrider

I've been doing some researching and cant seem to find out where to install boost gauges. I would like to be able to tell what my small turbo is producing and what my total boost is. It makes sence that the total boost pressure would come from the tube going to the intercooler. The other guage location has me thinking. If it goes between the big turbo and the small turbo what pressure reading will this give me?

Thank you,
Jay

the outlet pressure of primary turbo.

Secondary IS producing the total boost, but you can determine the pressure ratio that it is operating at by measuring the inter-stage boost value and comparing with total boost.

Primary gauge in the cold pipe, total gauge after the IC in the horn (for example).

Both my GT42 and my GTX42 has a port in the compressor cover for boost reference for a wastegate. I put my boost sensor there. Total boost is from the airhorn on both my trucks.

mq105;
When you say the cold pipe, are you refering to the pipe from the primary to the secondary turbo? Just want to be sure before I start drilling & tapping.
:Cheer:
TIA

Correct, the pipe between the primary compressor output and the secondary compressor input. Drill/tap may not be the best way because the piping is usually too thin. Get a bung to weld on. In this picture the bung has a plug in it.

DP3.jpg

Thank you kind sir, I will weld a bung in to be sure of no leaks,
Just trying to learn the proper way so I only have to do it once,
The reason I am looking for #'s is that I upgraded from 100 hp inj. to 200's & only gained 3-5 lbs. boost.:Cheer:
OOPS,
Now what should both guages read,(within reason each other) primary compared to secondary?

Last edited:
My 62/475 reads 1/2 of total in cold pipe.
I see around 70 psi total.

Posted from my mobile phone while not driving....