twin pumps or injectors?

cumminsnerd

first post. looking for some info. truck is an early '04 305/555. fass, tst, bullydog down loader, ez, industrial injection tow twins. i am very happy with the truck just looking to raise the bar. last dyno with a single super fat shaft 62 and all the same now i made 480/920. now with more air i think more fuel is in order. the truck stills smokes alot just not real efficient with alot of duration/ pulse width. so which should i do injectors or twins pumps. any recommendations will be appreciated.

If you want to add to the HP bar add Our Wild Rail,It will take you to next level of performance, Not only will it add some Hp, off the line Performance is greatly enhance,Their is no down side to modded rails, the Price is Right $220.00,the power is nice, it will support all types of Pumps and injection systems.

set of flux 1 injectors will go a long way with the combo.

thanks for the replies. I am in the process of modding an extra rail i came across for free and i will block off the rail pressure relief valve.

lloyd, i undestand the early trucks like mine have the smaller injection pump. will the fluxes do much without good volume? just trying to be smart about the money. am i needing injectors or twin pumps? thanks once again.

if the money is available, the dual pumps are the way to go. Unfortunately, without doing an injector work I highly doubt you will see a substantial gain with the stockers. So either way you slice it you are looking at injector work. In my opinion the injectors are the best place to start. And the flux 1's work very nice with a stock pump and can be upgraded in the future if you decide to go with dual pumps at a later time.

I agree with lmills that injectors right now are gonna give you the best bang. Im up to 585hp on stock injectors but i do have a modded pump. You cant go wrong with having extra fuel on tap. But twin cp3's are expensive.

I would go for the injectors also. You still have more power in there before you need more pump

cumminsnerd said:
thanks for the replies. I am in the process of modding an extra rail i came across for free and i will block off the rail pressure relief valve.

No need to block the LV, T&C and has found that very Little Hp is found at Pressure higher than 27,000Psi.That's one of the great benefits of Modded rails ,dual lines are not required,the LV is not sacrifice at the expense of safety measures.

Sticks are a nice upgrade, but you will lose a setting or two on the TST, as far as fuel goes i wouldnt waste the $ on a modified CP3, i would just go for the dual CP3's.