twin turbo setup advice needed

Coaltrain03

I'm not sure if this is the right part of the forum to put the thread in, if not please delete. I'm looking at pitting twins on my truck it's a 95 12valve 5spd has 180 pump, 5x16 injectors, 5gsks, 191 dv, headstuds with factory turbo for now. I drive it daily tow with it occasionally and of course give her hell lol once in a blue moon. I'm just wanting to know what to be the setup for me to run any advice would be great

A small S300 top turbo like a 57 or a 62 and a box stock S475 on the bottom, probably the best overall setup IMHO!

Jim

I'm not trying to make stupid power with the truck just somewhere between the 600-700 range just and even 600 would be great I know it's do able and do what I plan to use it for everyday what about something using my stock turbo or is that pretty much just a waste of time

then do an old school 35/3b set up. though the 35 will be limiting you.

This is why I posted this I didn't know if the 35 would be able to or not I'm not trying to argue with anybody I'm looking for advice before I spend the money and it end up not be what I'm looking for. I want to be able to dd/tow and still have a little fun

^ that combo would be great too. Personally I'd steer away from the Stock 35, I built a set like that 12 years ago, long before any of the others were around that we mentioned. Currently I run an HX40 and HT3B why, simple I had them and it works.......power is in the 600-650 range.

Jim

What turbo is the 351 I've drawn a blank to it and I'm guessing when talking about the 475 you mean 475 with the 1.10 ar housing and how bout some wastegate advice is it OK to run with out or best to run with one

Off any 04.5 - early 07. I actually have one laying around :cool:

he351 is the stock turbo from 04.5 to 07 on the Cummins. Holset. I am planning on doing the 341/s475 twin set on mine, and when I come across a cheap 351 I'm swapping it.

As far as the wastegate goes.. IMO I would say add mechanical or they have a set up to run them in series. I have yet to see the latter, but I heard its amazing.

One more thing.. Sorry, but make sure to get a 2nd gen manifold or an aftermarket multi-piece one.