Twin Turbos on Ebay

I dont understand the plumbing he has routed in the last pic!?!? Nor do I get the reason for the "butterfly" closing off the back half of the Exhaust housing!?!?

the piping in the last picture looks like he is trying to cool the air between stages via the intercooler. but im with ya on the butterfly concept...

The images below show it in the truck when I had the intercooler between compression stages. I later removed the intercooler and ran the high pressure and low pressure turbos together and directly to the intake. These turbos Came off of a running truck and were operating like new when removed. I have a new project and am selling these to finance the new project.

This is what is says in the description, not to say I understand it.

Rick

Can't comment on how well it works, but that butterfly closes one of the volutes so that all exaust goes through one side, the idea being to speed up spool.
It MUST be a open collector manifold, which would hurt LOW RPM spool to begin with.

It would restrict exaust through that port even when its open.

Thumbs down.

after looking at the installed picture, then the picture of them out of the truck, it looks like he was cooling the primary air going into the secondary, then shooting that directly at the intake. I also see a meth system on the firewall, as well as two nozzle ports on the intake pipe as shown on the bench. He obviously did away with IC all together, check the interstage cold pipe on the bench pictures. I would assume the secondary charge was chemically or water cooled.

As far as the butterfly.....looks like an idea taken from ATS' MST turbo. Butterfly closed, theoretically smaller turbine=quicker spool. Butterfly open, theoretically larger turbine=better flow at high power. It's a budget variable geometry!

with a 64/74 secondary, he'll need all the help spooling he can get.

Back