Twin turbos

S475 over an s500. There's a 105mm in the classifieds right now!!

Unless you have billet rods then a single turbo is what you need. Twins will destroy stock rods in no time.

Unless you have billet rods then a single turbo is what you need. Twins will destroy stock rods in no time.

You freak me out every time you post this.... :-\

spelling errors should be ignored from this device. =-O

All of my other truck are twinned, never had any issues??just the 6.7s? Or wat

Every instance of blocks being windowed I've read about was someone trying to make big power. 66/100mm turbos etc.

Gibson is a smart dude so when he comments I try to listen.

However, I'm putting twins on my 6.7 right now..
So I say go for it! I don't want to be alone.

spelling errors should be ignored from this device. =-O

Last edited:
All of my other truck are twinned, never had any issues??just the 6.7s? Or wat

The long stroke of the 6.7 combined with higher cylinder pressures really puts some stress on the rods. The rods are at a greater angle due to the longer stroke compared to a 5.9. So the rods has a greater side load, if you will.

Thanks zukgod for the kind comments but I don't think I'm that smart compared to the others on here.

Hmmm, I've had compounds on my truck for 3 years now with a stock bottom end, I know some people may have issues, but not all. It has a lot to do with tuning and the rest of the mods on your truck how long your connecting rods last

Also can be a big help on how you drive. If holding the power up in higher rpm range, less stress on the rods.

Also can be a big help on how you drive. If holding the power up in higher rpm range, less stress on the rods.

This.
Not so much the power levels, but where those power levels come in. Twin setups with small secondaries, that are designed to bring in the TQ at low rpm make short work of a 6.7s bottom end.

Ive got a S475 and 62 im putting on my truck. If it spits a rod guess Ill have to buy some better shyt LOL.

I'll be right there with him I guess. 60 over a 75

Spelling errors should be ignored from the cellular device.

What is your 60? I hope not a 351cw...that is way too small of an exhaust housing, unless you have a huge gate.

What is your 60? I hope not a 351cw...that is way too small of an exhaust housing, unless you have a huge gate.

It is a 351 as a matter of fact.
It has a ported gate. Drive pressure is close to 1.3 to 1 pretty much all the time.

Spelling errors should be ignored from the cellular device.

Last edited:
Back