twins for built motor for the street?

jscsir10

I have searched alot and I am just not knowledgeable enough to decide what setup to run for twins on the street. I have a 03 qcsb and still want to drive it on the street and possibly tow 6k once a year(camper)

Mods
Carrillos, mahle .040 pistons with balance bottom end. All arp studs/bolts hold it together also
Motorsports diesel side draft with 6.7 rail and lines
Twin ats cp3s. Both stock
Flux 7.5s
Extreme duty push rods and 110# valve springs
Port n polished head
Stainless diesel t4 manifold
625 arp kit
188/220 cam( maybe different dunno yet)
Gonna have a bigger intercooler just not sure what yet
Smarty touch/udc. Tuning will be determined later on but more then likely firepunk
Airdog 200
Built trans with billet shafts through it ( stock stall as of now)
And I'm sure there's more just can't think of it

So I'm thinking a s464/71/.90 over a s482 with a 1.1 housing and external gate for the setup.
I'm just worried about my injectors, but was told they can be tuned for street with a twin setup and not be Smokey.

I also thought of a s466 for top charger also.

I have searched and there is alot to read but I want honest opinions on this setup. I will do some drag races and pulls for fun.

My hp goal is over 1000hp on dyno, and 7-850 on street. Maybe get into 11s on the 1/4. All fuel.

I have a similar engine setup, but stock head and cam.

My air setup is a billet ED s366/74/1.0 T4 secondary and a billet ED s484/96/1.32 T6. Secondary is gated w/ a Turbosmart Hypergate 45. I absolutely love the way it drives.

Spools like a stock turbo truck, and enough air for 1200hp.

Twins_zps0ac20057.jpg

AE617979-270D-47C1-83F6-4FD8319A957B_zpsuewz0kjc.jpg

What size injectors? I like that setup for sure. I passed up a s366/73/.90 a few days ago thinking a s400 frame would flow more and not choke down the 482.

What size injectors? I like that setup for sure. I passed up a s366/73/.90 a few days ago thinking a s400 frame would flow more and not choke down the 482.

I'm running a set of BD "250hp" injectors, which flowed around 225% over when checked out. They're a tad smokey on the street, but it still is on its first tune too. Once we get it on the dyno and do some more tuning on it, i'm sure it will clean up fine.

My BD injectors on the left compared to a set of Exergy 200% overs on the right:

A88F0EDD-AF3A-4AD8-8A36-06B3BBD12B9F_zps1vypxbh2.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I was hoping if I got big injectors I could run low pulse on them and be a gd strong motor in the safe zone.
I just got a gd deal on the flux 7.5s (375hp) that I didn't really think about how much more flow they will be. My original plan was a s467.7/87/.90. But i got way to much fuel for that. Then I had to upgrade my 12v rods I got to carrillos, to handle twins.

My build is just spiraling out of control lol. I wont have funds for twins till tax time. I know its cheaper to build a set but I think id rather have crazy carls pipen built to my turbos when I get em.

Last edited:
Yeah I was hoping if I got big injectors I could run low pulse on them and be a gd strong motor in the safe zone.
I just got a gd deal on the flux 7.5s (375hp) that I didn't really think about how much more flow they will be. My original plan was a s467.7/87/.90. But i got way to much fuel for that. Then I had to upgrade my 12v rods I got to carrillos, to handle twins.

My build is just spiraling out of control lol. I wont have funds for twins till tax time. I know its cheaper to build a set but I think id rather have crazy carls pipen built to my turbos when I get em.

There's definitely more than 1 way to skin a cat when it comes to your goals. I'm happy with the way mine performs and looks, but it's by no means the only way.

My build spiraled out of control as well. My original setup was going to be a 63/480 twin setup on a stock bottom end, but i decided to go ahead and build the engine and here i am LOL

Good luck with whatever route you end up with though :rockwoot: Those injectors will treat you well. I've had nothing but positive experiences w/ Don's injectors over the years.

I really appreciate yr input. I agree on there is so many ways to go. That is why I wanted input on who else has similar build. If yr s366 is handlen well in ur setup then I'm convinced, ill be ok with a s300 series and be just fine

Back