Twins or big single turbo

Cummins_24

Have a 2004.5 5.9 looking at doing either a twin or big single turbo with second gen manifold. I'm the the process of instill a new head, studs, gaskets and 103 valve springs. Also was size injectors to go with. Truck has semi built Tranny billet single disc billet flex plate upgrades clutches and valve body no billet shaft. The truck just a toy not a daily driver. Don't really have a horsepower goal just looking to have fun with the truck on the street

I have a s475 Borg warner turbo that would work great as a primary in a compound setup if interested.

Compounds are hard to beat for all around useable power.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Welcome to the group. Where in Wisco? Take a ride with me. I'll set you straight. :rockwoot: Compounds all the way. If you want a fun street truck I think compounds deliver more on that. Single is nice for simplicity and cost but its harder to use "responsibly" on the street if you get my drift.

Also, this topic has been covered about eleventy bajillion times.

Last edited:
Trans has a single disc and no billet shafts. Not exactly a good recipe to run compounds on. If you plan to keep what you have in your trans any set of compounds is just about going to give you headaches. A single s300 based 63 would be about as large as I would consider.

Back