Twins or fuel first...

Jbelding04.5

Hey, I'm new to the site I don't know a lot about twins yet so I'm looking to the more knowledgeable members here for help wanting to know wether to build a set of twins or go with fuel first and what options should I be looking at.... So far I've replaced the stock turbo with a Killer B, installed a 165gph lift pump, dual disc, intake manifold and intake, exhaust and exhaust manifold, 5" turbo back and have a smarty touch. So what's next....?? Reminder I'm fairly new to this so don't be to harsh on me!

Define the end goal and usage. Then recommendations will be accurate. Fill out your signature with your current ride, including transmission, axle ratio, and tire size.

Well it's my daily driver I tow a lot I'm looking to get around 650-700hp, I'm new to this how do I go about filling out my signature?

If it were my truck I would drive the hell out of it until I was ready to take a big plunge. Killer B is what a 63mm s300 based charger? That truck is probably fun as heck to drive. A 63mm borg charger can be taken to 600hp or a little more on a common rail IIRC. Past the 600hp range things start getting a lot more expensive. Supporting mods become a must.

Which transmission? nv4500, nv5600, g56?

Studded head?

2nd gen or 3rd gen manifold?

etc...

Last edited:
I haven't done studs yet, it is really fun to drive right now �� just looking for that little more go. Yes it's a 63mm charger I've got it gated up to 39llbs I stopped there because I'm limited to my map sensor. I've just recently put in manual gauges and I'm going to run a manual boost instead of off the smarty. It's got the nv5600 tranny in it I've upgraded the clutch to the south bend dd it has the larger 3600# pressure plate so they said it's good to a true 750 hp. I've got intake intake manifold, stainless steel afe exhaust manifold it's a t3 flange. 5" turbo back exhaust with an inline 5" pacbrake.

Thanks for the signature help too!! ��������☺️☺️

Stud it before you pop the head gasket. Your going to need a stroker cp3 or duals to hit your hp goal. After that look at some 100hp injectors and a good tune. I agree that you can go pretty far on a 63.

ive got a similar setup.I have also got mine wastegated to like 40 psi.I can absolutely bury my pyro if I don't ease into it.I think it needs studs and more boost and it will be a lot better to drive.I went from about 80 km an hr to 170 in no time at all beating a semi onto an on ramp to a freeway.I hit 1645 degrees in a heartbeat.So if I were you id do the same thing and stud it and allow more boost.My trucks a blast to drive and I have the same turbo as you but I have injectors.Like another guy said youre at the point where its gonna get expensive.Have fun with it for a while.

shouldn't the smarty allow for fooling the map sensor? and it would defuel at 29 psi wouldn't it not 39

A buddies 07 has a s363 over a s475 with the bag of parts in the pump, cam, studded, 100hp injectors, and efi. We had it on the dyno a couple weeks ago and did 646 on level 5. Thing is a blast to drive around on level 3 all day.

Sent from my recliner but naked eating Cheetos

Last edited:
A buddies 07 has a s363 over a s475 with the bag of parts in the pump, cam, studded, 100hp injectors, and efi. We had it on the dyno a couple weeks ago and did 646 on level 5. Thing is a blast to drive around on level 3 all day.

Is the cp3 the limiter there? That twin setup can do 850-900 on a cr right?

What size wheels? As I run a 63 over an 88 and with 90hp nozzles, smarty ssr, and stage 3 ii cp3 I'm at 817.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dual cp3s will be put on when his funds allow.

Last edited:
no one asked about the mileage on his sticks or how the rail is holding up. i bet its a blast to drive but that little turbo could do some work with a little more fuel.

he is smart for limiting the boost for now tho.

OP, if you add more fuel then more boost... then its pop goes the weasel. glad to see you have a LP and a clutch already. most folks would rather have a "high school tune" and melt some stuff down first.

Back