twins questions

Cummin2000

I bought the source automotive twins kit s300/s400. The top turbo is a 62/65/12 and the bottom is a 75/83/1.32

I am running farmboysdiesel 150hp injectors and its got (not too bad) turbo lag that is annoying. I have the top turbo wastegated at 42psi (how it came). And i have my edge juice/attitude set on level 5x2...anything higher just smokes a bunch everytime i go from a stop.

Is there anything i can do to make it spools up quicker and not smoke as much. My egts are about 8-900 cruising at 70mph and can reach 1300 going up a 5% grade at 60mph.

Last edited:
oh i forgot to mention i only put down 430hp on the dyno last month with this setup. Im assuming i need more fuel which i plan on putting in some 240's after i move back to michigan from washington state.

You are gonna have to tune that set. I would open the secondary's wastgate sooner than 42 psi.

I would try to get the wastegate to start opening at 23-25psi

I agree, sounds like your secondary is doing too much work.

I have 220's and i only see 1250-1300 WOT.

this might sound stupid but how would i adjust my wastegate to a certain pressure on the twins? Where would i get the psi measure?

i have the same set up but didnt get butt raped from source. Actually i just got done with my test drive. 150's are too small, thats whats in my truck right now. So i turned my adrenaline up all the way to 10 on the 4k tune and still cleaned up the smoke to all but a haze. I wish i could get a set of formula 1 mach 6's but the wait is just insane.

Anyways the gate on the top turbo was set at 35 psi but as the other member suggested i would adjust it to 20-23. Have fun.

yes i have a drive pressure gauge and boost pressure gauge but not installed yet. Im making a custom edge juice/attitude and 2 gauge pillar pod.

Forrest, i dont see any acuators on his website. is it like the one offered by bullseye?

Yep the same one Bullseye has been making for years.Its a spring set up that runs off of drive presure vs a boost ran acuator.

THe one from BUllseye is actually from Stainless Diesel. Call and talk to Johhny at Stainless. I got mine from him.

Is this wastegate acuator the same type deal I got from Nathan at MPI?

Just simply a spring that you put tension on - more or less to determine when and how far the pucks open?

i have the same set up but didnt get butt raped from source. Actually i just got done with my test drive. 150's are too small, thats whats in my truck right now. So i turned my adrenaline up all the way to 10 on the 4k tune and still cleaned up the smoke to all but a haze. I wish i could get a set of formula 1 mach 6's but the wait is just insane.

Anyways the gate on the top turbo was set at 35 psi but as the other member suggested i would adjust it to 20-23. Have fun.

I just sold some mach 6's, if only I knew:hehe:!!