Twins to single...

jambbii

milk
Well I have been reading a couple of threads lately and I have been thinking about going to a big single. My current ht3b 35/40 combo is holding me back right now. Are large singles driveable? I have been looking at the silver bullet. I don't tow anymore and I am not that picky when it comes to spool up.

Thanks,

Josh

David Dumbar just made the switch from twins to a single . and he seems to be real happy with it.

What do you do with your truck and what is your power/performance expectations?

Have you thought about adding a larger secondary? Just a thought.

DavidTD said:
What do you do with your truck and what is your power/performance expectations?

The truck is a semi-daily driver right now. My goal is to use all of my fuel that i have now and keep egts in check. My current setup can't come close to clearing up my smoke. I mostly do hill climbs, sand drags and an occasional blast down the quarter mile at the moment. I would be happy cracking the 700 mark or higher.

jambbii said:
The truck is a semi-daily driver right now. My goal is to use all of my fuel that i have now and keep egts in check. My current setup can't come close to clearing up my smoke. I mostly do hill climbs, sand drags and an occasional blast down the quarter mile at the moment. I would be happy cracking the 700 mark or higher.

My personal opinion is you will miss the low end torque of the twins especially if you are looking to put a single on that will have a chance to make anywhere near 700hp. You will also have some surging issues with a single that big on your 12v.

I'd stay with twins and look at maybe something along the lines of a Pro Street 66/Super4C combo or something like that.

Just my opinion of course.

I was expecting the lack of bottom end but not the surge. I just am lazy and didnt want to build another set of twins:D

I have a benched 913 pump and some 435s that provide more than enough fuel for now :)

So what is your plan? What turbine housing are you running on your 35/40?

Josh you need to stay wil the twins but I think you can build a set that can give you more air. A bigger exhast housing on the 35 and a bigger primary like a 60? 99 01 02 has a combo like this.

DWitcher said:
So what is your plan? What turbine housing are you running on your 35/40?

I don't know yet, I am turbo confused :) I am running a 12cm housing right now with a modded stock wg and a 50mm external wg. Its a good towing setup but I have outgrown it.

Wow 50mm external WG? What was modded on the hybrid? Time for a 62/14 and a B2. What are the specs on your Ht3b?

Back