twins ???

04-250

Looking to eventually get a set twins on my truck, havent pulled it yet just bought it today. Only pulled once with a gas burner in open street. Trucks an 04 f250 with a 6.0. What companys will i need to be looking at for a twins option and injectors for the 6.0?

Not sure what your class your pullin but twins are usually a no go in the street class.

2.6 with twins? Probably gonna have to run open or exhibition with twins.

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

I figured that since the 6.4's came with twins and ive seen them in the 2.6 class that i could run small twins. If im wrong please correct me, not new to diesels just diesel pulling.

They are allowed to run if they run the factory torbos bc that's simply how they came. You wouldn't be able to with a 6.0

Ok thanks, well since twins are out of the picture what size turbo and injectors would you recommend? 450-500 hp and around 800 ft lb torque are my goals.

Get a s372 built to meet 2.6 go with a batmo wheel. Your stock bottom end is fine, you will want air to water intercooler cam and some head work with studs. with thr new bybrid injectors you can see close to 800rwhp on #2 neec injectors pm me.

I will be running all tbe above come spring. Don't waist time on destroked you will be better off with a built 6.0

Last edited:
Ok thanks, well since twins are out of the picture what size turbo and injectors would you recommend? 450-500 hp and around 800 ft lb torque are my goals.

Ok i see what you want. Go with 175-190cc injectors and a powermax turbo. 190's and a powermax can do a easy 550.

Why not just find the local pulling organization and build the truck to meet the rules? :pop:

Fwiw, twins around here are ran in 3.2.

Even for stock stud the head & egr delete asap.
If you pull the motor deck both block & head to make sure it's flat & get high quality studs.

No diesel orginizations around here just a few that occasionly let the diesels pull now and then. egr delete will happen very soon, And whats the best place to buy the injectors and powermax from?

WTH are you in KY that isnt near a pulling org? I know of at least 5 sanctions in KY with at least one diesel truck class. BOB, NKTPA, Clementsville & KOTTPA for sure. Then I'm not positive but I think maybe ORVTPA, KTPA, NTPA & Thoroughbred have diesel classes as well.

If you're anywhere that clementsville hooks you can go with twins as I think their only rules are 8500lbs (bring 9000 ;) ), 26" hitch height & be a diesel. :D. All the rest have highly defined diesel classes that only allow twins if they came on the truck from the factory in the workstock class or you'll be pulling against tube chassis modified class trucks like Scheid.

Last edited:
We have ken tenn and midsouth pulls around here but the only diesel classes are for tractors and ken ten will let pro stock diesel pickups pull like twice a year or so.

Is Ken Tenn west, mid or east? Heard of it but don't know where they pull mostly.

not sure what turbo class you plan on pulling in, but 450-500hp isn't gonna do squat....especially in a 2.6 or even a work stock class. You better be at least 600hp for just work stock. If you're serious in making power....do what Jesse said and put the bullseye turbo on and good set of hybrid injectors. Just make sure the turbo meets the rules for the class you're pulling in.

Last edited: