two dongles, one UDC tuner?

mikmaze

Trying to set something straight, alleviate confusion. Can two trucks utilize one UDC tuner if you have two dongles? Not looking to turn my tuner into a paperweight, but interested in options for second truck.

:tree:

Haha "one cup"...nice one!

I think a second dongle or something can be purchsed to tune another truck...
it was talked about before.

thanks for the fast reply, so If I want to work on a second truck, and use my udc programmer, all I would need is the dongle........ nice.

thanks for the fast reply, so If I want to work on a second truck, and use my udc programmer, all I would need is the dongle........ nice.

What are you calling a "udc programmer"?

well, you know, one of these, that has been upgraded to UDC ...
and the UDC software on the pc

ajd2t4u

Last edited:
You need a smarty and a dongle for each truck. You can never tune two trucks at the same time even if the smarty has udc on it.

ok, so buying a dongle just comes into play when you already have the software, a tuner, but no dongle.

Yup the smarty is vin locked! Unless....... You put the truck to stock then you can "TRY" it on another truck! BUT you will not be able to have two trucks tuned at the same time!

Exactly! Thanks guys! I am sure Mike already knows this from reading the link below on the MADS site. But for everyone else who may have missed it............

http://madselectronics.com/downloadfiles/SmartyUDCSoftware.pdf

A few SW operation details
-The previously mentioned tuning “sample files” can be modified and if wanted shared.
-It is possible to write a modified file into Smarty but it can NOT be read later on! This is most
important for example the tuning shop that needs to protect the hard work.
-The software(s) we write into the ECM is protected against read out. Same reason as above.
-We do NOT read out the ECM! We don't need to. We don't want to! Smarty already has the
software's for all trucks on board. Smarty only needs to identify the truck (Year / Tranny / Emissions
/ VIN#) this takes two seconds (Needed only if Smarty is not already VIN# locked).
-The features like the ability to alter certain parameters like for example the speed limiter ; rev
limiter; shift defuel; depend upon the Smarty (JR or Sx) NOT upon the UDC SW!
Example: the JR does not provide the option to raise the rev limiter; that's not going to change even
with the UDC. Those parameters remain in Smarty's options.
-Today, we're bringing to you the “Basic” tuning software version which allows to change the most
important performance parameters. The “Professional” version is also in the works. The professional
version will have hundreds of possible parameters to be worked on.
Of course the professional version will be more expensive than the Basic one. It will be possible to
upgrade the Basic license to the Professional one.

-The Smarty UDC software will work only in combination with USB dongles.
There will be a “main” dongle which enables the software to run and also contains ONE VIN#
license. If more than one truck (VIN #) needs to be tuned with the UDC SW (tuning shops come to
mind) then separate “license” dongles will be needed. One dongle, one VIN# license.
-There is no limit to the number of licenses that can be used with the same software but the Smarty
will remain as is; one truck at a time. In other words, multiple vehicles require multiple Smarty's
and license dongles but only one tuning software.

-The UDC SW will be downloadable from our web site but will work only when combined with a main
dongle

Last edited:
Now there is a solid answer, thanks. not the one I was looking for unfortunately.

Now there is a solid answer, thanks. not the one I was looking for unfortunately.

Mike...
Have him pick up a used Jr and dongle and he will save himself a few dollars and it will do the same thing.

Mike...
Have him pick up a used Jr and dongle and he will save himself a few dollars and it will do the same thing.

Remember you can't tune rail pressure with a Jr. May not be an issue, but I thought I would point it out.

Paul

Can any one tell me if you can turn any more RPM tunning with the udc than the ssr by it's self? And if so id like to see a dyno sheet or video of the hp & rpm! On a 03 or 04 truck if possible. thanks

You have to have supporting mods to get that much RPM Valve springs, fuel, cam, push rods, Air, Exc.

You have to have supporting mods to get that much RPM Valve springs, fuel, cam, push rods, Air, Exc.

That's funny you said that its the same thing Marco said! The catch is that you can ditch the smarty all together replace the ecm with a Zeus and turn 5500 with the same engine

Back