two more codes haha

ChaseN

Jobless/Truckless
to begin with, i am just running the predator. my truck HATED the powerpuck stack.

i have been running on extreme RKL ever since my first CEL from the powerpuck. yeah yeah i know my tranny is not going to last & other parts will break quicker, which is why i pay every month for my extended bumper to bumper warranty for 150k miles.

all was fine until yesterday i went to pass someone, and when i got around him, i let off and DING, check engine light comes on. i give it a little throttle & it lacks acceleration. i pulled over, cleared codes, runs ALOT better then it did with the CEL on but not near as good as it did. what gives?

anyways, the codes were:
P0234 Turbo overboost
P0513 Incorrect Immobilizer key.

P0234 is because the Predator/Puck stack does not boost fool, get a boost fooler and that one will take care of itself.

P0513 I have never seen before, I am not sure what would cause that one.

I used to run the Puck/Predator stack and it scared me from what I had heard about it. Now I run the Smarty and am getting ready to hook up the TST to go with it. I feel that it is better power than the Puck/Predator but I never ran the RKL on the street with the Predator because my stock clutch would not hold it no matter what. Just my $.02

i had a smarty and my truck hated it.
i talked to my smarty dealer, and he says he has two or three beta programs i could try out so i might do that & ditch the diablosport's. i will make my decision after new tranny installed.

do you think i hurt my turbo?

DiabloSport Resets Key-on counter:badidea:. Becareful with warranty. That is a easy way to get denied of service. I don't think you hurt the stock turbo but that tells me you were over 44psi of boost If you encountered a overboost situation. The truck should have also gone into limp mode as well, Hence your loss in power. Pushing the stocker like that for a while will kill it but you should be good for a While

i am not worried about my warranty. i haven't used my dodge warranty since 10/07. i have been using my extended warranty thru my warranty company.

if i lose my warranty, i will trade it in on a new Dmax like i did yesterday with 4 of our fords hah.

anyways, i am going to try out a smarty beta.

any input on that second code would greatly be appreciated.

This is from my 2005 manual. It is most likely different than your 2006 truck since your code P0513 Incorrect Immobilizer key is a different name than in 2005.

P0513-INVALID SKIM KEY
For the Engine circuit diagram (Refer to 9 - ENGINE - SCHEMATICS AND DIAGRAMS).
For a complete wiring diagram Refer to Section 8W.
² When Monitored:
Ignition on.
² Set Condition:
The PCM detects an invalid SKIM key. One Trip Fault.

Possible Causes
INCORRECT VIN PROGRAMMED IN THE PCM
NO COMMUNICATION WITH SKIM
NO VIN PROGRAMMED IN THE PCM
IGNITION KEY
PCM

just got back from dropping off the truck.
should have it back by end of week with new tranny.:rockwoot:

brand new tranny.
doing great.
waiting on my new tuner to arrive now.

Back