Two Switches for Lockup?

cj42

New England Texan
Has anyone tried have a switch the turns off stock lock up so you can use a another switch to manually control tq convertor lock up but will also allow you to go back to stock so the manual lock up switch is not required? For instance to allow your wife to drive the truck normally without manipulating the torque convertor manually? It

I had a 3 way on mine.
1 was locked(spring returned to number 2 aka center)
2 was no lockup possible
3 was pcm controlled.

Worked great.

Have a diaghram of that Dan by chance? ;)

No I don't, but it is pretty straight forward.

Put the common terminal to the lock up on the trans.
Then one switched side to ground, and the other to the PCM.

The middle position has no connection, which means no lockup.

If you need something further, I could probably draw something up and send it.

No I don't, but it is pretty straight forward.

Put the common terminal to the lock up on the trans.
Then one switched side to ground, and the other to the PCM.

The middle position has no connection, which means no lockup.

If you need something further, I could probably draw something up and send it.

If you get bored sometime...this is still applicable to a RH correct? I'm slowly learning trans stuff....I just wanted to file it away for a future project. :lolly:

For instance to allow your wife to drive the truck normally without manipulating the torque convertor manually? It

When my wife drives mine she just leaves it unlocked.

I had a 3 way on mine.
1 was locked(spring returned to number 2 aka center)
2 was no lockup possible
3 was pcm controlled.

Worked great.

So, you're using the momentary switch to manually lock. Does it not unlock when it returns to center? I'm just lost on the momentary switch position.

So what position would allow you to control lock up manually?

On my 47re with a pcs standalone I have a true 3 way switch not a momentary. Down is pcs controlled stock shifting. Middle is converter unlocked and up is converter locked. Had it the same way before the pcs.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

On my 47re with a pcs standalone I have a true 3 way switch not a momentary. Down is pcs controlled stock shifting. Middle is converter unlocked and up is converter locked. Had it the same way before the pcs.

Same way I'm going to wire mine when I get time as well. I think it will be very handy for passing with this big single charger

Same way I'm going to wire mine when I get time as well. I think it will be very handy for passing with this big single charger

Sure makes it nice to unlock it when ever you need to get on top of your charger quickly

Would you mind sending me the info on how you did this? I have the cancel lock-up switch, just not sure how to configure manual lock-up with the pcs.

Would you mind sending me the info on how you did this? I have the cancel lock-up switch, just not sure how to configure manual lock-up with the pcs.

Not a problem. I am I going Texas right now and will be at my computer tomorrow. Will get it to you then buddy

ground
trans <switch terminals
---------0 -----
pcm wire ^switch

the 3 position switch will be an on-off-on type.. trans will either be connected to pcm, or ground.

help with visual or no?

Last edited:
I used mine as a momentary lock up for pulling only. I wanted it so if I let go, it just pops back to center. I since then have wired a second switch in parallel to the momentary side in a more convenient place.

If you wanted it to not have to be held in place for lock up, just change it from the momentary to a maintained.

ground
trans <switch terminals
---------0 -----
pcm wire ^switch

the 3 position switch will be an on-off-on type.. trans will either be connected to pcm, or ground.

help with visual or no?

Lol correct but it's a tad different on a standalone setup lol

would this work on my 05? I managed to get a year with no OD off switch!?! Was look at a box BD makes to add OD off to the computer. Id rather not spend the $200..