u-jionts and their tq ratings...

Doesnt say witch 1480...their are a lot of different 1480's! Like a 5-803x is solid and forged, way stronger that a standard 1480 20$ ujoint.
By the way...you can buy one of those solid 1480 joints and use it in your front axle...just use the u joint caps that is in your front axle.

The OE u-joints I buy are definitely stronger than the straps in my case.. Wish I could find better straps as I keep bending the yoke and breaking the straps...

Those are some awesome ratings.

Merrick

The OE u-joints I buy are definitely stronger than the straps in my case.. Wish I could find better straps as I keep bending the yoke and breaking the straps...

Those are some awesome ratings.

Merrick

x2 merrick

straps were hold then rest of hten yoke that broke.. lost 2 of the end caps...

Billet straps. Something that looks like a 2x2x3/4 block, drilled for the two bolts, and then a half moon cut for the u-joint. hmmm.

For the front shaft as well.

Merrick

Why mess with heavier straps? Every system has to have a weak link. I would much rather break a u-joint or straps than a drive shaft or rear end. $.02 Malibu judging from some of the videos I have seen of your truck looks like you had quite a few good hooks this year on those u joints.

Yes I agree on having the weak link! I have broke a axle shaft and 3 sets of ring and pinion and im still on the stock set of u joints with 140,000 miles on them. :bang Im actually thinking about looking to put a weaker set of u joints on the truck.

$.02 Malibu judging from some of the videos I have seen of your truck looks like you had quite a few good hooks this year on those u joints.

i see your point..

question is.. is replaceing the tailshaft yoke @ ~350 cost effective?

mine you im still on a stock charger.. i bumb up to a full powered 2.6 truck. how many will i go through then?

im looking at bumping the tail shaft yoke to 1610 maybe 1710.

or i start spining tires and go nowhere.

i did change then setup last pull had a 880lb block of concrete infront of then axle instead of behind the axle like normal...

Call Tony burkhard. After he broke another yoke this year, I think he has something up his sleeve to fix this problem for you guys.

Just my 2 cents, if your breaking all that on a stock charger, there is a good chance you need more power to stop the breakage. If you cant spin out a little you will always break. Also if your pulling in a Stock, WS class and have weight in the box, that wont help. Its funny that 14 series work on many 3.0 trucks and a 2.125 hx-35 is breaking things. My suggestion would be more power/RPM , less weight over the rear, or narrower tires/more PSI when hooking

Just my 2 cents, if your breaking all that on a stock charger, there is a good chance you need more power to stop the breakage. If you cant spin out a little you will always break. Also if your pulling in a Stock, WS class and have weight in the box, that wont help. Its funny that 14 series work on many 3.0 trucks and a 2.125 hx-35 is breaking things. My suggestion would be more power/RPM , less weight over the rear, or narrower tires/more PSI when hooking

spinging is a loss of tractiong and less power actually being put to the ground.

and yes i woudl like to sping out at the end..

when mine broke.. it is when the weight hit.