UDC Crash

dangerous06

diesel tech
I was afraid this would happen tryed to open UDC and got an error message
There was a unhandled error! Sent to mads hope i get a response this week!
Dead for now hope I don't have to dump it and reload and lose all my files!

You should be able to get to your files still. Copy and paste them on a flash drive. You should back up your files anyway. If you crash your computer you'll lose everything.

OH Damn day one gone no response anybody want to take a shot at it! I'm about to delete and reload!

Did anything else change on the PC that could have cause your trouble?

Have you tried to reload? As CJ stated I would just copy smarty files somewhere and then reload if the app is not working. I would not think a reload would cause you any trouble with files working after you reload.

All I did is a pc tune up? Not sure what got deleted the error code says UDC automatic opening has been disabled?

OK so I deleted the UDC program and reloaded it and I have the same error messege! OMG now what!

Can't you roll back the the PC to a date before the tuneup?

should be a valuable lesson on using "pc tune up crapola" , but rolling back might help as said above.

So this is a pc issue not a udc problem!?!?!???

For what it's worth, the PC I tune with never gets updated, has no anti-virus and never get linked to the web. Software updates are loaded in through a flash device.

Last edited:
How about this one...
What Operating system are you running and what "tune up" software did you run/do?.

It's windows 7 and HP is always updating the damn thing while i sleep! How do I stop them from doing these updates they seem immune to my firewall and norton since they are not a virus and are trusted. I bought a new computer and am using it solely for the udc and my kids games offline!

you said you re installed it, did you uninstall the bad installation first? Go through the add remove procedure, clear out the previous downloads of the install files,and restart the computer. After restarted go out to mads site and down load the newest version and start over. Windows thinks it is smart sometimes and will try to repair an install, or use a bad download to try again. its worth a shot.,

I did all that except didn't restart after uninstall. Hmmm I 'll give that a try but I think I'll go back a month first see what that does!

UDC Tech got back to me with a solution and it worked! Glad to see they have support!
Very impressed!

I had to reload the arial font borrowed from my other computer! Put it on a memory stick and put it in the effected "corrupted"computer!

seriously>? you got rid of a font and this happened???????? good lord.

Back