UDC Programming w Twins?

cj42

New England Texan
When programming with twins are larger singles the timing splits change but which way? Can larger turbo handle more timing at WOT or is it the other way?

Twins question - Do they spool quicker then a med to large single? Or does it depend on how small the smaller one is? I was think in general twins tend to spool quicker..

I can see if you have a large single you would need lower splits while spooling but if you are working with twins and the smaller one is close to stock do you just treat it like stock or is it still different because of the larger one?

Really interested to hear from Les, John and Randy on this...

Lots of variables with your specific questions.

Maybe throw some specs out there.

Turbos are a means to provide air for combustion. Timing would be more fuel dependent on the top end rather than turbo size. Timing will help spool but the two go together.

Specs of turbos are more important than arrangement to an extent.

If specs are close stock then timing could be. This is also dependent on fuel rates.

Ill wait for the pros to answer though, this is what I've found.

I have heard the statement before about "once you go to a bigger turbo or twins the 50/50 split rule goes out the window".. I have heard of guys with 06's running 60/40 splits in some WOT areas..