Under 4500 truck class

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
So what class do you guys have for us guys running under 4500#'s??????

Last edited:
All of them, there is no rpm minimum, you can run 25 rpm if you wish.:)

OK, what about weight under 4500 on a drag strip? I don't plan to compete with the dragsters, or Darren and friends, so what is out there for the 10 or so guys that are like me out there?

I would guess the success or failure of the super street class at TS will indicate how favorably an organization looks at the 3500# class.

OK, what about weight under 4500 on a drag strip? I don't plan to compete with the dragsters, or Darren and friends, so what is out there for the 10 or so guys that are like me out there?

Thier not even 4500 thier 5k. The NHRDA guys are 4500. Maybe the TS will have a great turn out for the Super Street class and the other Org.'s will pay attention. I hear they will both be there and even sit in at the drivers meeting and the Pro Street vote. Ryan

4500#s, rpms, lol.

Throw some weight on it? Hey you asked for suggestions.:hehe:

Who else can get to 4500 or under?

Thanks for the informative reply Gene, I can see that I will have a long a fruitful relationship with running NADM events.

What did you expect asking a sledpuller?

I asked a legitimate question back to you-how many trucks are out there that will run 4500?

I expected a resonable reply from someone that represents an organization that I am contemplating spending time and money in. :bang Looks like several are in the process or nearly built. There is me, Stock 600, a chevy s-10, a stripped f-250, that's gonna be damned close, a corvette, and I am sure a few others. Are you guys gonna have a class, or should I start looking elsewhere? I'm looking for a legit answer.

Damned sled pullers, brains are always foggy from being held back. LOL

Have you guys looked at the rules? Your trucks won't fit in any of the classes?

If I was in charge of drag racing, I would tell you the same thing I told some pullers that wanted a specialty class. Their trucks would fit into an existing class, but they wanted a new class.

I told them to get the name and number of 10 trucks that would run that class at 50% of the events, and we would go from there.

I guess my question is, why are you building trucks to purposely not fit into existing classes?

Why did guys build trucks weren't stock for the old pulls?

Why did someone build a mechanical sled when the old stone boat worked?

Things change, old man.. LOL

I expected a resonable reply from someone that represents an organization that I am contemplating spending time and money in. :bang Looks like several are in the process or nearly built. There is me, Stock 600, a chevy s-10, a stripped f-250, that's gonna be damned close, a corvette, and I am sure a few others. Are you guys gonna have a class, or should I start looking elsewhere? I'm looking for a legit answer.

Damned sled pullers, brains are always foggy from being held back. LOL

There are those and many many more than that. The orginizations are put in place because of the racers being here and available, it looks like there would be more time spent making the classes better fitting for all, if that means making a 2wd and 4wd class or what ever it takes for all to partisipate. W/O racers there is no Org.'s., Not speaking of Safety rules here at all but the class rules may need to me more open untill the member numbers are up to par. JMO

There are those and many many more than that. The orginizations are put in place because of the racers being here and available, it looks like there would be more time spent making the classes better fitting for all,

Absolutely right.

You guys get together and write up the class the way you want it, and submit with names and phone numbers, and I'll present it to Dave and the boys, go over the safety, and see what we can do.

A class for the deranged, so to speak.

Screw it, I'll just watch from the sidelines at the beer tent. I built a truck for me, not so it will fit into a class. My question was simply is there a class, or will there be for the new trucks coming out. I am busy enough building a truck to bring to events, I don't have the time or the desire to make 9 phone calls to people I don't know.

I think people are building these said trucks because they are tired of trying to make things live on a 6,000lbs truck. And this will get diesels noticed. If you have a 10.00sec truck people in the mainstream don't see or factor in that it weighs 6000lbs. I think people but these to have fun, if there is ever a class great, If not don't worry i can tell you these truck where made to race, and go fast!

Tim,

You are welcome to e-mail me at any time.

To answer your question, currently we have 4 classes.

Unlimited Street for full size pickups no tube chassis allowed.

Pro Street for anything 5000 lb or greater on fuel only

Quick Diesel 12.0 index

ET Bracket.

Do we have a heads up class for 4500lb mini trucks? No. Why? I have yet to see one make a pass so there is no need for a class designed for a truck that doesn't exist.

We do our best to create classes based on the masses. We cannot fit every class of possible vehicles, and when you guys build a unique vehicle, or are the first to build that class of vehicle you can expect there to be a problem with classing it.

Example: Schieds dragster, Morrison's S-10, Robinson's Funny car, your Ranger, the altered are all vehicles that for the most part have no competition.

So are we to create a class for each? If we let you run with Unlimited Street, will they complain? Yes as soon as you are faster than they are.

I don't know what else to say. We try our best to create competitive classes. Until we see more trucks on the track, there is no need to create more classes for 1 or 2 vehicles.

If you have a suggestion I have failed to realize, shoot me an e-mail at daved@runnadm.com and we'll discuss.