Under My Hood...

6owed

gettin' faster
I noticed when my batt was giving me problems that I had dirt collecting around my turbo, tonight I was checking it out and going to clean my EGR, anyways is this a big issue? I have no idea but looks like the plumbing not sealing?
I don't know but it shouldnt be dirty like this
what does it look like to you guys?
CIMG0261.jpg
CIMG0260.jpg
CIMG0259.jpg

yeah its normal, its from the CCV, the way to get rid of it, is to reroute it somewhere besides the intake, it you look in your intake tubing you will see a slash cut nozzle coming from the bottom. it needs to be plugged up and the hose needs to be rerouted to the frame or somewhere else

But....if you look at the front of the turbo inlet housing, it has oil on the top of it. I would check to see that the oil supply line bolts are tight...not that the gasket is munched, and your starving your turbo of oil!!!

JMO

Extended Power said:
But....if you look at the front of the turbo inlet housing, it has oil on the top of it. I would check to see that the oil supply line bolts are tight...not that the gasket is munched, and your starving your turbo of oil!!!
JMO

what do you mean??

am I?:confused:

In your final picture you have posted you have a stainless line going to the top of the turbo partially braided, follow it and look for leaks thats what extended power is talking about.
I agree that it seems kinda bad for just oil going through the intercooler tubes, mine leaks a little but nothing like that. Do a check by pulling off your boots and cleaning everyithing in the area checking it daily to see where it is leaking from as the best way to check is to get it clean and find the source. If it is that you can do the ccr reroute I believe someone did a write up here how to do it just look under search for it really simple.

That seems very extreme to me. I have a small oily area on mine, nothing like that

LOL you got that right
we don't have as much green stuff to hold the dirt down.

heard somewhere if your oil level is to high it can cause excessive oil buildup on the boots, just a thought. Mine looked almost that bad and the dealer put 17 quarts of oil in.