Under the truck turbo

Contact David Lott at DI Performance. David and I designed one for the Powerstroke earlier this year.

The STS kit is outrageously expensive. And the last time I talked to David was about a motor for my truck, then I just went with Cummins.

I'm completing a 99 Super Duty 12 valve twin turbo right now.I was able to get the chargers in but it is tight.

H2E and 4B Holsets.Theres enough room for the turbos its just the piping that gets tight.

I could have went with a very economical twin set-up but I jumped the gun and bought an expencive single. Any pics of your set up?

Joe farmer I like the tractor stack!:ylsuper:
44/45/50ae?

joefarmer said:
FWIW, STS originally developed remote mounts for the camaros... http://www.ststurbo.com/home

brandon.

:bang Thanks....:bang

After poking around on the STS site, I spotted a kit for the SRT-10 :drive: (Viper truck)......

Now I have the gears turning on a home brewed kit for under MY SRT-10...

Wonder how big a turbo I could go with 505cubic inches???:woohoo: LOL

:badidea: :evil :evil :evil

Last edited:
Single 'charger? A Turbonetics T88 would spool about right... Lag doesn't matter much once the boost hits, right?

brandon.

Some very well known peeps in the Viper Truck World have informed me on the many STS system failures on the SRT-10's....

I am checking out Underground Racing now they are very well known and have built some pretty wild rides.........

Just wanna see what's out there........LOL LOL

RankRam said:
My nephew has an 02 extended cab Chebby 4X4 with an STS setup.

What really pissis me off is he's a great diesel mechanic and he's still playing with them damn gassers!

Here is a link to some videos about his truck. His best time so far is 11.41, hooking up is his biggest obstacle for now.

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3496678#post3496678

Nuttin wrong with just being a MOTORHEAD:evil :evil :evil :woohoo: is there?? I play with gassers AND diesel's:woohoo: :woohoo: anything that burns tires down :woohoo: :rockwoot: :woohoo: and goes F A S T :woohoo:

LOL Guilty as charged! LOL

RacinDuallie said:
Nuttin wrong with just being a MOTORHEAD:evil :evil :evil :woohoo: is there?? I play with gassers AND diesel's:woohoo: :woohoo: anything that burns tires down :woohoo: :rockwoot: :woohoo: and goes F A S T :woohoo:

LOL Guilty as charged! LOL

No there's nothing wrong with that at all, I just wish he was using his skills in the diesel community.

The guy is very talented and he could do really well BOMBING these oil burners!

RacinDuallie said:
:bang Thanks....:bang

After poking around on the STS site, I spotted a kit for the SRT-10 :drive: (Viper truck)......

Now I have the gears turning on a home brewed kit for under MY SRT-10...

Wonder how big a turbo I could go with 505cubic inches???:woohoo: LOL

:badidea: :evil :evil :evil
Pro Turbo has a really nice kit for your truck.

blowin smoke 03 said:
Pro Turbo has a really nice kit for your truck.

Any info on that? LOL Linky? LOL

The big 'in thing' to do to these SRT-10's is put a top mount twin screw blower or a Paxton.....:bang And I'd rather turbo it- or even turbo x's 2. :evil

Dang sorry for the hi-jacking here LOL LOL LOL

Ahh go blow that SRT-10 up:kick: Gas is what you pass out your A$$,
It would be cool having a turboed V10 but I would cry for a long time if I blew up my $50,000 truck.