Up-pipe donut replacement Early 99'

Got Diesel

College Boy
As the title suggests I am getting ready to tackle the up-pipes on my Early 99. I am gonna go with the chevy 350 donuts if I can get a part number or description for them cause there are two different types one that is flat on one side, round on the other. And the other type is round on both sides. I think that's how they go. Anyways which ones do I need?

Also do you have to pull the turbo to do this or can you do it from underneath, without removing the turbo. If I have to remove the turbo would I follow the instructions for removal of the 94-97 turbo or the 99.5-03 removal? What do I need to re-install the turbo if I have to remove it? By this I means what o-rings?

Any other helpful hints would be greatly appreciated. I have to do this in one day cause I can't really have the truck down for longer than that because it is the only means of transportation. Thanks Kyle.

You don't need to remove the turbo to replace the uppipe donuts, at least on 99.5+ trucks.

I thought your Location said Columbia, MD and I was going to offer to assist... lol

I just did them this weekend when I replaced my turbo.

Car Quest #17250, less than $7 for both. Beats the heck out of $11 each from Ford. I just did mine two weeks ago. To help do it easier, drop the down pipe and the install is easy as pie.

The ones from other auto stores are not as soft and would not crush properly. Don't make me explain how I know but I will say I have a few half smashed donuts in the garage.