Updated picture of engine build...

Extended Power

Took this last night...ran out of gaskets for the rocker carriers, so I called it a night.

Check out the chromoly push rods, and the ceramic coated pistons.:snoop:

I hate to even cover them up now...LOL

Last edited:
That better not be chevy red!

Nope...It's Chevrolet Orange!:poke:

I can't stand black for an engine color. (If I did paint it black, what is it, Chevy Black, Dodge black, or Ford black?)

And I love the way Orange looks with aluminum, braided stainless steel lines, black accents, and some chrome.

I like orange, you don't have too.:Cheer:

looking good, the hat races are in a couple of weeks, see you there

You might see me there, but I prolly won't be racing...

There was a mis-communication between a couple of vendor's on what was to be done to my turbo when I sent it in for an up-grade.:doh:

And since I just got it back on Friday afternoon, opened it up, found the mistake, and called them about it...turns out the States have a long weekend, so nothing can be done till Monday anyways.

I just hope that we can get another turbo within a week.:pop:

Couple more with the heads painted, and the intake, and valve covers set on for the picture.

Notice the fittings in the back of the heads, and the modified intake. (Balance port removed.)

Last edited:
Looks Awesome Ivan, congrats on getting it together. Did you go with Mahle's?

Looks Awesome Ivan, congrats on getting it together. Did you go with Mahle's?

Yip...did so.

Not quite together yet, but I had some other guy's wondering why the heads weren't painted, so I thought I may as well show it with the heads painted, and the covers on it.

I can't wait to get it going...I need a truck to pull the holiday trailer with. (And the wife is kinda pissed now that I have to get another turbo, or send mine back again...):doh:

I know all about the pain of telling the wife you need something else for a very expensive toy. LOL

i have mahle piston in my sr20 nissan motor..awesome stuff..looks like its gonna be a great engine..i hate the hot weather here..my money tree is looking a little dry. what do you do keep yours inside? LOL

Nope...It's Chevrolet Orange!:poke:

I can't stand black for an engine color. (If I did paint it black, what is it, Chevy Black, Dodge black, or Ford black?)

And I love the way Orange looks with aluminum, braided stainless steel lines, black accents, and some chrome.

I like orange, you don't have too.:Cheer:

I don't dislike the color of your engine, just poking some fun. Apparently, my color blindness is getting worse, even in cyber world.

i have mahle piston in my sr20 nissan motor..awesome stuff..looks like its gonna be a great engine..i hate the hot weather here..my money tree is looking a little dry. what do you do keep yours inside? LOL

Right now, it's drier than a popcorn fart!LOL

The wife and kids want to go camping with the new trailer, and I'm trying to get it all together, so we can enjoy the summer together.:woohoo:

I don't dislike the color of your engine, just poking some fun. Apparently, my color blindness is getting worse, even in cyber world.

I know. No problem...I knew someone would have to rub it in a little bit...LOL

I really like the color combination of orange, black, and aluminum.

Last edited:
Back