Updated picture of engine build...

orange seems like a bad choice..but its not my truck..so if you are happy with it..thats awesome..

motor looks clean..real clean..good luck with getting it all wrapped up.

you will be happy you cut the crossover tube off the intake if you ever have to work on it..you could have cut them off flat though..or flush I mean.

orange seems like a bad choice..but its not my truck..so if you are happy with it..thats awesome..

motor looks clean..real clean..good luck with getting it all wrapped up.

you will be happy you cut the crossover tube off the intake if you ever have to work on it..you could have cut them off flat though..or flush I mean.

Why does it seem like a bad choice?

I do thank you for the compliments!:Cheer:

Yes, I would have liked to have the balance port cut off flush, but I wasn't doing the TIG'n on it. The brother-in-law wasn't comfortable with doing it that way. (He used the peice he cut out to seal it back up. Exact same material. From what he said, using 2 different grades of aluminum when Tigging, can cause problems because of different heat ranges needed.)
I just said "Ok...what ever you are comfortable with".:pop:

gotcha..

the colors imo clash..your truck is burgandy..orange and burgandy dont go..my choice would have been the burgandy matched color for the motor or even the tan..jmo.

gotcha..

the colors imo clash..your truck is burgandy..orange and burgandy dont go..my choice would have been the burgandy matched color for the motor or even the tan..jmo.

OMG...you're starting to sound like my wife:bang (That doesn't go with that...):poke::poke:

What about the RED Banks elbow, and the RED anodized cap for the FS-2500???

Who really cares about the color? I'm MUCH more interested in what Ivan did inside and how it runs when he is done. A nice clean install also appeals to me. Remember, you will hardly see the paint. I have 2 6.1L Hemi's (SRT8's) and they also have the Chevy orange on the block, and unless you are looking for it, you can't see it in the engine bay. The 6.0 Ford engine compartment is much tighter. I doubt you will even see it.

Anyway, Ivan, how is the build going? Close to running?

Ralph

Anyway, Ivan, how is the build going? Close to running?

Ralph

I am still waiting for my turbo to come back...I think "Murphy" had his hands in this project from the very start....:bang

I am taking my time putting it back in...almost done the wiring harness. Also working on fuel system upgrades again.

Last edited:
ralphinnj although i agree with you it just aint right to do that to a ford. extended power, it is clean and i was i had it even if it is orange.

Can you use pipe fitting or tubing fitting instead of that hose stuff?

Ralph

For which part Ralph?

I have the tube fittings to do it all in stainless steel tubing, but I wasn't sure what would be in the way, come time to re-assemble it...so I thought the braided stainless lines would be better.

Look at the 4th picture in on your last pic post. I guess you don't see much of it after the other parts are added, but I would have tried to do that u-turn with a single piece of 1/2" or 5/8" SS tubing with ferrule fittings. That would get rid of the brass 90's, the nipples, the rubber hose, etc. Still, you have done a clean job of installing it.

Ralph

Look at the 4th picture in on your last pic post. I guess you don't see much of it after the other parts are added, but I would have tried to do that u-turn with a single piece of 1/2" or 5/8" SS tubing with ferrule fittings. That would get rid of the brass 90's, the nipples, the rubber hose, etc. Still, you have done a clean job of installing it.

Ralph

I did try it with 1/2" stainless steel tubing. Doing a 180* with it creates a 3" center to center measurement. The measured distance I needed was only 2 1/2". (And the inside diameter of 1/2" tubing is only 3/8".)

Getting that Fuel bowl out of the way is exactly what I did. Soon I will be deleting the oil filter housing also, then its the perfect place for a set of big twins.

Here's a couple of pictures comparing the "old" FASS outlet line, to the new outlet line.

Last edited:
Back