Updated picture of engine build...

whats up with that balance port thing? i havent seen anything like that on the intake manifold..my buddy did the egr delete kit and when we took everything off i dont remember seeing that?

It seems to be on the 03's, and maybe some of the early '04's.

It's a big PITA to do any work on the back of the engine with it in there.

its just a crossover only found on 03 motors..even early early o4 trucks with job 1 motors..

here is the stock 03 intake manifold

DSC07726Medium.jpg

04 job2 and up
DSC07719Medium.jpg

any real benefit in removing it? it seems to trap air in there?!

Yeah...For one, you can remove the manifold without having to pull the turbo off.
You can reach the IPR, and the ICP sensor alot better too on the '03s.

The air is not heated up from the turbine housing, there is less area to boost...:blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

What size/type/name of fittings/hose diameter/tap size did you use for your coolant return system? I want to do this to mine while I have the heads out doing studs and some other stuff. Any help would be nice. Thanks

Given any firing order anomalies it would serve to ensure even presurization between the banks, especially the two rear cylinders. If I had the option I would rather have the 03 style over the 04.25 and up. imho

Given any firing order anomalies it would serve to ensure even presurization between the banks, especially the two rear cylinders. If I had the option I would rather have the 03 style over the 04.25 and up. imho

if it 'ensures even pressurization' why did they stop making it?

Cast aluminum is expensive...Ford had to make a bigger and better intake elbow so this is how they got the extra material. (Written with poker face)

Back