Updating Dodge Interior

rollerink

I have a 96 Dodge ext cab and the interior is starting to get a little warn. I am thinking of updating the front and rear seats along with the door panels. I really like the way the 01 Dodge Ram seats and door panels look. Would I be able to just buy 01 seats and door panels and have them fit my 96? Has anyone does something like this in their Dodge?

They should work, don't know of anybody who has done it though. Biggest issue I can foresee is plugs on the electric windows/door locks.

it should work.... if people are putting 98-02 z-28 interior into 70s models camaros i dont see why this couldnt be done....

Where does the seat belt on the 96 come from?

Or, does the seatbelt in your 96 connect to the roof? The newer seats have the belt built into the seat itself, and I THINK the older trucks didn't have this. You may want to add a headliner to your list of parts, as it might look a little funny once you remove the old seatbelt..

i got a buddy that took the interior out of a 2000 i believe 1500 ram and put it in his 96 1500, he had to remove the seat belt from the new interior since it was in the seat and not the a pillar and cut a small part of the door panel off were it turns to go from the bottom up. if you want i can get ahold of him and let ya no what all has to be changed being it seems that its just about the same for the 15 25 n 3500 interior. only difference is the gauge cluster. i would like to do the same for my truck bein the seat is ripping and worn and the gears for the electric motor to move the seat forward and back is stripped.

D Twigg sounds awesome. Either PM me or maybe just post what you find out. I dont think we are the only ones that would like to update our interior with some newer parts

indeed let me get ahold of him today and i'll post what all has to be done.

I would say take some measurements and pictures and go to the local pull a part and compare notes.

I think the door panels in the 12v's and the single cab 24v's are the same, if I remember right.