Upgraded from dinosaur to cr. May need some help on this one.

Snedge got back with me and said 4 of the injectors were bad, and one had a leaking nozzle. Lets hope the new injectors helps fix the problem.

Don't tell your finance you have a leaking nozzle. $.02

Whoever tried to fix it before must have been a diezul genius.

I have a feeling the injectors were never tested. So they were probably why the mechanics thought it sounded like something was wrong. LOL And why the last engine went south.

They are predominantly ford mechanics. Have to be somewhat sympathetic..... Ha.

Hopefully, Dr. Mumau has the prescription for your fever....MOAR COWBELL!

As luck would have it, I'm missing a few valvetrain parts. Couple rockers, couple pushrods, and the rocker to valve bridges. Probably some bolts too but I don't know which ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get me an address and I'll ship two rocker and pedestals, and the bridges if he has the push rods covered. I'm assuming you need pedestals, let me know what you need and I'll help you out.

I can find pushrods seperate too if you rather keep your set together headcase...may need them some day. 90dodge send me a pm with what exactly you need and your address.

OP, it sounds like your on the right track, BUT it sounds like someone slapped the engine together and didnt know what they were doing.... that scares me!

get some strong batteries in that thing, get the valves right and MAKE sure you go ahead with the compression testing tool before throwing a nice set of sticks back in there.

and x2 on the marvel mystery oil. ive seen it work on ATV's several times.

also if you have the time with all the sticks out, take a barring tool to the flywheel and feel for possible bad spots in the rotation.

Rotation feels good, and the bore scope didn't show any signs of problems. I'm betting on right now that the injectors never got fixed before the new engine and we're causing problems afterward. Hoping anyway.

Made a little progress atleast. I apparently miscounted on rockers or misplaced one, so everything valve train wise is put together except for one exhaust rocker. Will be ready to crank after that and valve adjustments.

https://vimeo.com/129318125

Got it running. It definitely does have some kind of a stumble, but I can't take it down the road yet until I get a few more bolts and parts.

How do you guys think it sounds?

Well I figured out the missing part on the intake plate is where the map sensor goes. Lol looks like it would have ran like **** even if I got a chance to drive it. Could that cause a little rough idle?

Also noticed the wires going to the fan clutch are cut. Going to need one of those as well I guess.

Got the truck running and driving. It is almost ready. Runs a little rough at idle and has a loud fuel knock.

Showing codes:
P0148
P0237
P0113
P0237

I think all of them are good now except the low fuel deliver. Should I try to reset the relief valve?

Also, the speedometer isn't working, and the abs and parking brake light is on. Any guesses for a truck that hasn't been driven since 09?

p0088 code showed up as well, and log showed it was pushing 25k-26k rail pressure at all rpms, and rprv was super hot. After talking to Mumau, we've come to the conclusion that the fca or pigtail is probably bad, now I just have to find someone around town to let me test the theory with their fca.

Back