Upgraded from dinosaur to cr. May need some help on this one.

Got the leak off the compressor fixed, then managed to blow one of the quick connect fittings apart while charging it.

I've been driving it the past two weeks, runs good. Pulled a 6k trailer with some seed wheat Monday and it handled it well.

There are only a couple things left I really need to get fixed on it.

It has a pretty bad belt or accessory squeal that I cant seem to get stopped. I sprayed soap water on the belt last night and it would stop for about a minute then go back to squeaking. All the pulleys look fine and straight.

I need a new condenser, mine is in pretty bad shape. I can drop the ac temp almost 20 degrees by running water over it. Cools okay driving down the road, does a piss poor job while its idling still.

I still need an ecm back plate as well as a power steering pump cap. Those are the only parts I'm missing I think besides a hose to run from the block to the breather in the valve cover.

It has a pretty bad belt or accessory squeal that I cant seem to get stopped. I sprayed soap water on the belt last night and it would stop for about a minute then go back to squeaking. All the pulleys look fine and straight.

Dump some comet powdered cleaner on one of the pulleys, then fire it up. No more squeak.

Or rub some Lava soap on your hands and just grab the belt.

LOL

My hand hurts now. Why didn't you write a disclaimer???

You will be hearing from my lawyer... LOL

I don't hang around people who are dumb enough to actually do what I say...normally.

:hehe:

Haha thankfully I'm not one of them. I will be trying that comet trick though. The squeal is annoying the **** out of me.

Dump some comet powdered cleaner on one of the pulleys, then fire it up. No more squeak.

FYI, baby powder seems to work as well. We didn't have any comet, so I experimented a little bit. :lolly:

I know this hasn't been updated but if your belt keeps squealing I've seen that issue from someone replacing the power steering pump and not getting the pulley in the right stop.

It stopped, but now I get to buy a new fan shroud and fix my fan clutch wiring. Can anyone tell me how the shroud is mounted at the bottom? And the cheapest place to get them?

It stopped, but now I get to buy a new fan shroud and fix my fan clutch wiring. Can anyone tell me how the shroud is mounted at the bottom? And the cheapest place to get them?

Aren't you just having a banner week? Dang.

Being a homeowner and husband has its days. Wait 'til you add parent to the list. ;)

Try Ebay I have one on the shelf! But it's so big shipping would suck. The shroud is held in place by Brackets and nuts with built in washers. The actual part that mounts to the radiator is just a slide down into clips and two bolts on top. harness has a 10mm nut that holds the cross over in place to the bottom bracket. Spin the fan by hand after everything is bolted up to be sure nothing touches.

Okay my harness didn't have the nut on it. And I'm missing a bracket on top. I had it zip tied to the bottom side of shroud and I guess it caught the wire and sucked the shroud up into the fan and messed everything up.

Update. Does anybody have a clutch wiring plug they will sell me? I expected it to just be cut in half, but it ate up and spit out the plug side. This clutch is only a few months old, I really don't want to buy another.

Back