Upper power limits of the 6.0

Blackhatch

What are the upper power limits of the 6.0 before you start hurting short block parts...?

it depends on the condition of the engine. On a fresh engine, it is pretty high, but on an engine with 40k hard miles, much lower. The bearings start showing extreme wear after a lot of hard miles.

So, it is a tricky thing to put an exact number on. I personally worry about the rods after 600 but the actual number is probably closer to 700 to 800.

trying to start something Forrest? Lets not turn this into a Power Stroke vs Cummins discussion

so why don't any of them make that kind of power? :confused:

Because people like to stop short of trying things. They say screw it and drop in something else long before they try things. Cheaper in their mind to go to a Cummins instead of R&D things.

Not everybody gives up. I wonder what my truck would do if it weighted the same as a dodge regular cab 4X4. I know I keep saying it and one of these days it will happen. Once elite,gogo,empire,innovatives truck (when I'm done with it) there's goin to be some 10 second trucks next year. And one 9 second truck when tim is done with deranged. Don't give up on your builds guys. The 6 leaker is not nice to set up but once it is they work good. The reason guys don't finish there builds and dump a CR in it is because they get tired of taking crap. For the last little while I'm an example of this. I've been giving extended power a hard time. He's been tryin to build a 500 hp daily driver. Ivan don't give up. I was wrong. Now that the story is over. Stock rod anything after an honest 700 and you start playin with fire.

Not everybody gives up. I wonder what my truck would do if it weighted the same as a dodge regular cab 4X4. I know I keep saying it and one of these days it will happen. Once elite,gogo,empire,innovatives truck (when I'm done with it) there's goin to be some 10 second trucks next year. And one 9 second truck when tim is done with deranged. Don't give up on your builds guys. The 6 leaker is not nice to set up but once it is they work good. The reason guys don't finish there builds and dump a CR in it is because they get tired of taking crap. For the last little while I'm an example of this. I've been giving extended power a hard time. He's been tryin to build a 500 hp daily driver. Ivan don't give up. I was wrong. Now that the story is over. Stock rod anything after an honest 700 and you start playin with fire.

You drunk again:Cheer:, you're starting to rant.:shake: Just buggin. Guys like Shawn and Tyler give alot of hope for the 6.0 keep at it.

Last edited:
I really enjoy the highly modded 6.0. It feels awesome when its pulling due to the xtra rpms, it feels like its never going to stop.

The reason guys don't finish there builds and dump a CR in it is because they get tired of taking crap.

I neer took any crap...I just wanted a Cummins from the get go so when the opportunity came to do the swap that's what I did.
The fact that it's a couple miles per hour faster through the 1/4 on fuel only that the 6.0 was on nitrous is just icing on the cake.
Once I get the dual pumps on it and load up the Smarty TNT tunes it'll be even better.

I give props to the guys that stick with it....but I'm having more fun now than I ever did with the 6.0

Now I gotta find some traction.

Back