V10 to 7.3 PSD Swap

super-duty

The truck is a 99 V10 250 and I have an 01 7.3 that I want to put in it. What will I have to do to the motor mounts and tranny mounts?

Other than that what elese should I take note of? Any advice would be great.

Thanks

I'm not a mechanic by any way shape or form, but I'm guessing you would have to change out all the fuel lines and tank. I guess also would need to make your own glow plug light on the dash. I'm sure there will be more people answering soon that know more. My personal opinion would be that its going to cost more than its worth. but keep in mind what i said originally

It is a woods truck not a daily driver so it will have a fuel cell in it. I have the complete harness out of the 01 so that is coverd also have the tranny and t case and the exaust also.

The mounts are my concern I have access to the 01 frame for a couple of more days before it goes to scrap.

thats a lot of headaches that i wouldnt f with, easier to just clean it up and sell it and buy a diesel truck if thats what you want

I would go with a Cummins before swaping in the PSD. Parts are more available, and it's easier to adapt than order brand new parts and harness from the dealership.

I would go with a Cummins before swaping in the PSD. Parts are more available, and it's easier to adapt than order brand new parts and harness from the dealership.

i'm gonna have to agree, much easier (surprising that it's harder to get a stock engine to work....) parts are widely available, and people have done it... meaning it's easier to ask questions and get answers

Back