vacuum & power steering pump questions

diesel_smoke

Long story short, after my PS pump took a crap on me I bought a reman unit from auto zone to replace it. After nothing but trouble out of that, my vacuum pump is pretty much fu*ked. I'm to the point that I'm considering buying the whole mess and putting it all on and returning my PS pump. Now, my question is, can I use a vacuum pump off of a 2nd gen? Is the gear the same as the 1st gen? If not, are the shafts the same size so that I can put my old gear on it?

Thanks for any help.

I have the whole assy off a 24 valve on my first gen. Were mine is an auto i had to cut some of the throttle bracket off but was very easy and worth the extra 15min on assembly. If any ques call 12762332750. Steering is easier than factory and the pump pulls so hard it sucks the vaccum hose shut.

It just bolts right on? The drive gear is the same and everything? Are the PS lines the same is the main question. Thanks for the help!

2nd gens have two returns and all I done was put a plastic T in and just made it go into one hose to the steering box. Been good for over a year so it must be ok to do so.