vacuum pump ?, ccv, and a noise at idle

gatorskinseats5

does leaving the vacuum pump unhooked create pressure in the crankcase? motor is in an f250 with nowhere to hook it to as far as I know, so if it does, what can I do about that? what are people doing for a ccv? jusgt routing it underneath the cab with enough hose or anything special because im tired of smellin rotella in the cab. also, I noticed a, inconsistent "tch" noise coming from the top ish of the motor on exhaust man side the other night. the "tch" is only at idle and disappears with revs. its inconsistent though and in no rhythm, so any idea what that could be will help too

watch

The static tzzt noise, surely im not the first person who has ever heard something like this! notice it goes away with revs. sounds electrical, alternator maybe? but what would cause an alternator to make such a racket?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF_oBmxmfgE"]cummins noise - YouTube[/ame]

theres a link that might work

its hard to tell what is making that noise from the video, but if you suspect the alt, take the belt off and start it to see if the noise goes away. if it were mine, i probably wouldnt drive it till i figured out the noise. if it aint the alt, id pull the valve cover off and check there, and maybe start it to see if its louder. a driver at my old job said his truck started making a tick at idle, then a boom. it was a c15 cat. the vva on cyl 3 and 4 came undone and went throught the valve cover. not that these have vva's, but there could still be a loose something in there.

I've ran into the problem where it was actually the fan hub. it actually ended up ceasing. did you ever find out what was causing it??