valve spring swap while in truck help..

dieselmann97

hey guy i know a good amount about the 12v but im doing valve spring swap had 60lb springs with stock retainers & keepers, switching to bee-hive stage 1 style springs/retainers & keepers. #1 cyl done like hot knife in butter, workn on #6 now, i have the proper compressor tool but no matter what i tried i cant get the keepers to break free off the valve or even get any amount of play from the keepers to retainer to pull them out to get the spring out, any ideas or tricks??? i had 2 stop or i was going to start breakn **** with a bfh (temper) please any info or tricks on how to break them free would be a major help thanks again

socket on an extention through the hole you pull the push rod out through. hit it with a hammer

To be able to hit it you have to take the plastic off that covers the wiper motors.

yea i was hoping he was smart enough to figure that part out Travis:kick:

yeah im smart enough to figure that part out, lol im thinking that they are starting to pull through, good thing im changing that crap out

im going to be doing this on a buddies truck and i was curious what kind of compressor are you using?