van Aaken C5 Update

DPDIESEL

Comp Diesel Sponsor
We would like to let everyone know that the C5 module is still on track for a release this month. More and more beta units have been sent out and everything is looking good.

There is a limited number of these boxes for the first run so if you want one PRE-ORDER now. To pre-order just shoot me a PM with your contact info and we will get you put on the list.

If you have any questions on the performance of the C5 ask away and I will be happy to answer them.

DPDIESEL said:
We would like to let everyone know that the C5 module is still on track for a release this month. More and more beta units have been sent out and everything is looking good.

There is a limited number of these boxes for the first run so if you want one PRE-ORDER now. To pre-order just shoot me a PM with your contact info and we will get you put on the list.

If you have any questions on the performance of the C5 ask away and I will be happy to answer them.
My beta is working good :clap: I`m glad to see these guys getting this product up & going. From What I`ve seen they have done their homework.

Brian could you run down some of the features? I get alot of questions about RPM and tq mangement

Timbeaux38 said:
Brian could you run down some of the features? I get alot of questions about RPM and tq mangement

Sure thing Tim,

The C5 box direct from VA is not a big power house. It wasn't designed to be. The tunes that come on the box are for the average guy to run with a good power gain without damaging his or her truck.

This is where the tuning of the box comes into play. With the proper tuning HP gains of 300 HP have been seen over baseline. The box is designed to be a good starting point for you to work with on a custom tune.

As far as RPM's go the C5 direct from the factory will do nothing to increase them BUT with tuning we have got trucks to fuel to nearly 4,000 RPM's. This is different on every truck but we will have tunes available that will be able to do this.

On Torque Management it is the same as RPM's. The C5 direct from VA does nothing with torque management but with tuning it can be basically eliminated. We will have tunes available to do this as well.

There isn't a set way to eliminate torque management or raise the RPM's that can be programmed in to be able to just flip a switch and be good to go, it has taken us months of testing to figure out how to do it properly. We will be happy to help anybody out with programming once the box is released though.

hey brian tell your dad thanks for breakfest and next time he better keep his walet home also hows chris's truck coming hope ya get the bugs fixed Dustin

You got it Dustin.

The truck is coming along fine. We found the problem and will have it fixed by Idaho Falls pull.

We got 5 of the boxes in today. The software to do custom tunes is not released yet - just boxes. We will be shipping them as soon as we have the software.

I am not trying to start anything but 4100 rpm was claimed on another thread.

at one time bullydog claimes 4k and it was not proven even by guy that were told it would.

rpm and speed limiter is still an unknown for now :Cheer:

bob i have seen about 3700-3750 on the c5 but i also have a new tune fromanother tuner that has no revlimiter at least its still climbing at 4200 and then i let off and i have been over 4000 rpms in od

how fast are you going at the 4k plus othertuner? nothing on paper?

Thanks bones

who was climbing at 4200 rpm?

well speedo doesnt work that far but i have a gps guidance bar that i run on some farm equipment and it showed over 130 mph it gets it signal off of coast gaurd tower signal so fairly accurate but obviously there are factors which could lead to error,by the way the c5 doesnt fuel ver about 3300 in od for me... as far as the other tuner with no rev limiter i was asked to keep it hush....hope you dont thin k it means it doesnt exist.if interested pm me privately and il get you the contact info....

bones isn't your C5 an older version? Also as stated above the C5 without tuning does nothing to the rev limiter so that would explain you only going to 3300.

Nobody has said how much still. Whats the damage to my wallet DP? And as far as the programmer goes, will it be undetectable like the Smarty (keystrokes, footprints, etc.)?

the c5 i has is older i guess i have had it for several months,but it does give me extra rpms just not over 33oo in od

Haro said:
Nobody has said how much still. Whats the damage to my wallet DP? And as far as the programmer goes, will it be undetectable like the Smarty (keystrokes, footprints, etc.)?

$799.00 is what we have been told the price is going to be. Yes, it is completely undetectable, once you unplug it there is no info left over to show that is has been there.