Vane actuator sticking ?

0767cummins

I remember my first hx35!
How likely is it that the solenoid on the turbo is sticking? I have an 05 psd turbo on my 97 dodge. The housings have been machined and wheels changed. It's a 64/71 now. The vane actuation works excellent before the truck reaches operating temp. After it gets hot it seems like the vanes "stick" in certain spots ... I didn't know how common it was to have a sticking solenoid or if I have another issue ..

It is possible. Has happened to me. Have the vanes been cleaned since it was installed? If the vanes arent exercise reguarlly theyll stick. A good cleaning, if its all sooted up should fix it up.

The turbo was completely rebuilt and I THINK they did a glass bead type of blasting to the vane/exhaust side to fully clean it. But i know they cleaned it before it was put back together. As far as the method of cleaning I'm not sure.... I think u may be right I have a smokey old 12 valve so I betcha the vanes are becoming packed with soot. I'll disassemble it and try to clean er up a bit and see what that does. Thank you for the help !

I think you can clean the solenoid itself to?? Never done that but i think you can. Good luck and report back!