VB + TC Qs

FastCR

Breaks stuff
Alright so I really want to get an auto in my truck, but a goerend is way out of my price range right now. I've got no plans of making the truck go really fast right now, just going to fuel it up with stock injectors and maybe find a set of 215s and up the boost.
First off, will I smoke a stock 47rh? What about with a TCC and valve body? Right now my 4500 is dead and if its more damage than I can see through the top plate I'm probably gonna wind up spending ~$500 fixing it, and probably just gonna shred it again. I really want to get an auto in it, hate driving the 4500. Putting the power down hard is nice, and shifting is fun, but in traffic down here its killer and I'd give up the fun of shifting for full throttle upshifts.

My truck has been making over 600ft lbs ever since i have owned the truck.

I have put 80k miles on it personally. The transmission needed a filter change bad when i bought the truck, so I would bet it has at least another 40k on the transmission than what i have put on it. It is still kicking and holding well so far. I have beat this thing hard and it has been awesome for a stock transmission IMO. I have made at least 40 1/4 mile passes. I have pulled about 8 times, and i drive it every day and pull trailers often in the summer with hay and equipment on them.

You definately will want to upgrade some stuff. If you can swing it, go with a triple disc converter, valve body, billett anchor, strut, and apply lever, and a billet input shaft if you can swing it.

The input shaft will probably hold 350hp alright as long as you dont lock it up hard a lot, or do locked shifts. I broke mine around 300hp doing locked shifts.

A stock transmission is not that fun to drive. They dont put the power down too good.

If you are really on a budget, and dont plan on more than 300hp for a while, I would stick a Transgo shift kit in it($80 or so), along with a goerend converter. I owned both, Goerend Single($650) and Triple disc($1300) converters with my transgo shift kit i used to have, and both combos were good, the triple disc converter just held better at lower RPM in lockup.

Hopefully this helps a little. I would stick with goerend stuff if you buy anything though. If you ever do buy a whole transmission from him, he will take the money you have spend on his parts already and put it towards a whole tranny.

Eric