ve timing

nborga87

Poor Boy Puller
i ve got a 93 that will be used for pulling. it has the pump maxed out, 3200 gov springs, POD injectors, fuel pin. does anyone have an suggestions for timing. or is there even much i can do with the timing on a VE

thanks
nick

I think most people (including me) turn the pump until it's against the cylinder head. I have heard of also jumping a tooth, but i dont know about that.

Look for AHineman or something like that on dieselbomber's website. He had a spacer to put in the KSB to add another 10* or so of dynamic timing...

what do you all think bout takin the spring completely out?

any idea of how many degrees that would give you?

i dont even know if it will work i have read a couple of guys say u could hot wire it and dyno a tad bit more i would like to know as well i am build in a ve motor myself how smokey are those pod if i as to daily drive on them? and how much do they $ as well as how much hp they are rated for?

iIrun pods and pull a trailer with them i can black out the car behind me they are very dirty you would be better with some good edms spend the money once.

About 7-10* IIRC... But do not hot wire it continually, it will hurt the KSB.

those pods are very smokey!! i just put an hx 40 on it, been waiting for my down pipe to come in so i havent got to drive it yet, so i dont know how it will smoke now. i dont think it would be very good on the street with that hx 40 anyway. it seemed to run good with the pods and stock turbo tho.

those pods are very smokey!! i just put an hx 40 on it, been waiting for my down pipe to come in so i havent got to drive it yet, so i dont know how it will smoke now. i dont think it would be very good on the street with that hx 40 anyway. it seemed to run good with the pods and stock turbo tho.

i am going to run a hx40 as well

i got it runnin tonight. i like the way it run s with that turbo on there! cant wait to get it hooked to the sled for a true test!!

Hot wiring the KSB will actually hurt your bottem end tourqe . A KSB spacer allows you to run lower timing at lower rpm and have more total advance at higher rpm. adds about .75mm to 1.0 mm of total advance . for pulling i would remove the afc lever inside the pump. this will give you full fuel all the time . your gonna need bigger injectors at least 6x16's ..6x18's would be better and some water injection if the class alows it. look into a air to water aftercooler and run ice . this will tremendously drop your EGT cause ya its gonna run hot!! Good luck pullin! Dont forget ladder bars first gens hopp real bad!