Vent Shades?

Santa Gertrudis

6.4LTTFMF
Hey guys, stupid question here, but what are those window vent shade things for? Are they worth it? Do they help anything? I just never really knew what they were for. Thanks

They allow you to leave your window slightly open and prevent any water from getting in if it rains.
Also makes it quieter in the cab if you just want the windows slightly open.

nice for getting a little fresh air in the cab when the weather isn't cooperating.

Same here, won't hardley have a truck without them anymore.

Their main purpose is to let you ventalate the cab in case of a taco bell attack if it is raining outside. You're girl would appreciate them I'm sure. I on the other hand would lock the windows up...but that is just me....and she knows it.

4x4dually said:
Their main purpose is to let you ventalate the cab in case of a taco bell attack if it is raining outside. You're girl would appreciate them I'm sure. I on the other hand would lock the windows up...but that is just me....and she knows it.

LOL LOL LOL oh man ...LOL

4x4dually said:

LOL I thought I was the only one.

Santa Gertrudis said:
Does it cut down on the turbulence quite a bit then?

Trust me if you've never had a set you'll like em. As far as the turbulance I can't answer that? I know a lot of smokers like em because it won't blow ashes back in the truck as bad.

I leave my windows cracked during the summer other wise its get like 150* inside the truck. So with them on no one can tell that there cracked if they just walk by. Also helps circulate the air inside if it smells.

SAK said:
I leave my windows cracked during the summer other wise its get like 150* inside the truck. So with them on no one can tell that there cracked if they just walk by. Also helps circulate the air inside if it smells.

Why would it smell? :evil

eck28.gif

My only issue with them is high pressure car washes eventually raise hell with the double-sided tape...Other than that, great addition to a truck

artsguy662 I never had a problem with Vent visor brand. But if you do get weather tech ( I think)that go in the window channel.

Does anyone have pics? I had the stainless Ventvisers on my '94 and loved them. The '06 is a different style though and I'm not sure they will hold up or look good. I sure liked the fact of being able to leave the windows cracked slightly and not ever get rain inside.

Okay, I won't edit but just repost. I added a set today. They look freakin' awesome! I like to leave my windows slightly cracked in the blazing hot Texas heat, but it never fails that a rain shower will pop up and now I can feel comfortable about it. They have the 3M sticky tape on the back and I have always had good luck with it. The PSD badges I put on the X are still there too just as if they came from the factory.
Get you some Colin, they look good!