Vgt on vp

ISBand4BT

I know there are some threads out there about putting a VGT on a VP truck. I've found the fleece controller for it for my truck, but getting more into the whole, putting it on part... Has anyone done it and really know what all it takes? like, can you reuse an elbow from a 6.7 to make that work? I haven't gotten a chance to tear into my truck to put it on yet, so don't know all the details. Just wanted to get an idea of what all I was getting myself into... :lolly:

Blackskyracing on here knows about about them I'd shoot him a message

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Done a lot of reading and nobody really specifies what kind of power can you make safely with this turbo on a vp truck?

Done a lot of reading and nobody really specifies what kind of power can you make safely with this turbo on a vp truck?

I'm not too much for tryin to figure out how much more power i can make. I want to be able to utilize the exhaust brake function and have a little bit bigger turbo. When i can get the turbo for next to nothin, its worth doin.

Read away, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks Fella. Finally got thru the rest of it and there's lot of questions that i had that were answered. I wasnt sure how i was going to hook everything up, coolant lines n such.:thankyou2:

Also, if anyone has done this in the past, do you like the setup you have? Was it beneficial to you and what would you have done differently?

Very nice for towing with the brake function, and spooling fast enough corners were fuuuunn LOL

I think they have made north of 5 bills on one, but it had to be pushing the hell out of it's limits.

To do different? Better connection from the turbo outlet to the intercooler, if I go back to it I'll buy the tube that goes with it, the size change is the kicker. Maybe a bit better cooling line setup I can reach easier.

I really like my setup so far. I still need to tweak on the tunning of the turbo before I call it done. You will need some injectors to bring it alive IMO. The exhaust brake is pretty sweet. There was nothing about installing mine that was just difficult. Most of it was just time consuming!!!!!

I am a little late to chime in on this but I ran a VGT on an 01. I used a 4th gen manifold with block off plates to make the install easy since everything is "stock" parts without fabrication (aside from cold pipe). As mentioned above, spool up is fun. My favorite part of the exhaust brake was warm up time in the colder months. This is no sole reason to do the swap, but in northern Indiana in early January, it was sure nice to flip that switch and actually get heat in a very short time. The exhaust brake does work much better than as the factory option on the 6.7s assuming you use the Fleece Controller as I did. I wouldn't use the 4th gen manifold again if I were to do another truck. And also if you get curious about drive pressure, don't be alarmed to see somewhat high numbers because they tend to run much better that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk