vgt ssx boost ?

silvernblack6.0

slow6.0
Anyone running elites vgt ssx have any solid numbers as far as peak boost? Also, whos tunes are you running and with what injectors? I am running elites 185s with Tadd and Erics programming. I constantly set a low boost code. I have pressure checked the intercooler and all hoses etc. No exhaust leaks and this turbo is actually holding together. Boost numbers are almost identical to a stock turbo with 185s and erics programming. I have heard that the ssx should be producing upwards of 40 psi. Peak boost with this set up is only 33 psi and it only stays there for a few seconds. Any one else have a similar setup? Thanks

33 was all I really would see under most conditions. Hit 42 with Eric's tunes once or twice pounding the crap out of it, but it ran really hot on his tunes. Tadd's tunes always ran cool on it, below 1000 unless beating it, and I ran insanity all the time because it was best for dd duties. Only time I had a low boost code was when I had an SS and the turbine wheel was grenading, so no help from me on that issue. I know we talked before, but when I dumped my truck the bearings in the SSX were starting to scream, and I had enough of the losing battle with the 6.0. Sometimes I miss the sound of a 6.0, but other than that I have no idea why anyone would try to do anything with one other than sell it.

I had the same set up. i would see 42# on the insanity tune. the compressor side boot would blow apart literally. I had issues with egts even with the tow tune and high stall converter. the tubine wheel tips came apart after inspecting it. didnt have more than 700 miles on it. went with a fixed vane and smaller injectors.

Okay, thanks for the replies. I have only been running Tadd's two tow tunes that he has sent. I will try the insanity again. It always ran cooler than either of the other tunes even without turbine wheel blades. So far this one is working, the bearings will squawk at you when you stand in it for a second though. I will see what happens with the insanity tune. I also have a tune to run from Eric. I will try them both, hopefully the turbo survives long enough to try both of them. Thanks again fellas

Is there a big difference between the SS and SSX ? I was told 40lbs with the SS but have never seen more than 33. I get better get up and go from Vivian's tunes than Erics. ( live,love,looney)