Vibration after Injector Swap

bad98sst

Just looking to see if anyone else can offer any insight on my problem.

To start I have an 06 automatic truck 150k miles. The truck has 351/475 twins and a smarty s06.

Recently i had the opportunity to swap out head studs, injectors, and a 85% over Industrial Injection CP3 from a friends truck that was going back to stock.

The injectors out of the other truck were lower mileage 125k(or so I thought) and had 90hp DDP tips. For ease we swapped the injectors complete as opposed to swapping tips. It appeared the the injectors in my truck were the newer bodied (might have been replaced before I owned) and his were the older style.

My truck defenitley picked up some power and overall runs pretty good but it has a very annoying engine vibration that I am unsure what the cause is.

The truck has a vibration than can be felt all through the truck only under a light throttle with a small load. As soon as i get out of the throttle, it dissapears. It can be felt from 45-53 or so mph and goes away as soon as it clicks overdrive and the rpm drops. It can again be felt around 65mph and is constant all the way up to 70-75mph. It seems to be more apparent when the converter is locked. It runs perfect under wide open thottle and heavy acceleration. It is much more noticeable when on an incline of any sort at cruising speeds and nearly goes away on any sort of decline.

It feels very similar to a driveline vibration but it never did this before the
Injector swap. The connector tubes were reused as were copper washer etc. Valves adjusted correctly

The only other notable things are the the truck does seem to run a little rougher when first started up in the cold and it does have a bit more of an injector rattle when first rolling into the throttle hard.

The confusing part is that my friends truck did not have this issue when the injectors were in his truck?

Last edited:
Just looking to see if anyone else can offer any insight on my problem.

To start I have an 06 automatic truck 150k miles. The truck has 351/475 twins and a smarty s06.

Recently i had the opportunity to swap out head studs, injectors, and a 85% over Industrial Injection CP3 from a friends truck that was going back to stock.

The injectors out of the other truck were lower mileage 125k(or so I thought) and had 90hp DDP tips. For ease we swapped the injectors complete as opposed to swapping tips. It appeared the the injectors in my truck were the newer bodied (might have been replaced before I owned) and his were the older style.

My truck defenitley picked up some power and overall runs pretty good but it has a very annoying engine vibration that I am unsure what the cause is.

The truck has a vibration than can be felt all through the truck only under a light throttle with a small load. As soon as i get out of the throttle, it dissapears. It can be felt from 45-53 or so mph and goes away as soon as it clicks overdrive and the rpm drops. It can again be felt around 65mph and is constant all the way up to 70-75mph. It seems to be more apparent when the converter is locked. It runs perfect under wide open thottle and heavy acceleration. It is much more noticeable when on an incline of any sort at cruising speeds and nearly goes away on any sort of decline.

It feels very similar to a driveline vibration but it never did this before the
Injector swap. The connector tubes were reused as were copper washer etc. Valves adjusted correctly

The only other notable things are the the truck does seem to run a little rougher when first started up in the cold and it does have a bit more of an injector rattle when first rolling into the throttle hard.

The confusing part is that my friends truck did not have this issue when the injectors were in his truck?

does the vibration feel like as if you had a manual in the wrong gear and it's like lugging?

i have a similair vibration ,feels like it shold be in 4th gear and is in 6th and like lugging and vibrating .as soon as i down shift it and let it get around 2000 + it seems to go away .

does the vibration feel like as if you had a manual in the wrong gear and it's like lugging?

i have a similair vibration ,feels like it shold be in 4th gear and is in 6th and like lugging and vibrating .as soon as i down shift it and let it get around 2000 + it seems to go away .

Yea I would say its a familiar feeling. Does yours gets worse if the truck it has
a load on it? (going uphill etc)

Being it only came about with the injector swap I'd remove them and send them out to be tested.

Yea I would say its a familiar feeling. Does yours gets worse if the truck it has
a load on it? (going uphill etc)

yes the load definatly make it noticable . with no trailer its fine .

is this normal ? or whats causing it ? i've seen guys on the highway with 6 car trailers and 3 are giving mine hell !! needs more lowend and fuel is bad like 9 mpg

You guys need good injectors and better tuning. There is no replacement for either.

did anyone ever figure this out? i seem to be having the same exact issue after i just installed new Industrial Injection bodies with nozzles. my old injectors were EH 75% over nozzles and stock 143K bodies.... and it didnt vibrate like the new set.

did anyone ever figure this out? i seem to be having the same exact issue after i just installed new Industrial Injection bodies with nozzles. my old injectors were EH 75% over nozzles and stock 143K bodies.... and it didnt vibrate like the new set.

i haven't done anything yet,besides changing over to efi live which didn't help the problem.i'm having my airdog 165 installed this weekend and will see then if it still does it . I honestly believe its the injectors because the fuel milage is worse then ever. pulling a 3 car hauler it was 7mpg ! and the vibation is real bad when lightly excelerating up hills at around 1800 rpms . if i kick it down it will downshift and take back off . it feels like it starts missing real bad and shakes throughout the truck and if i back off or step farther it will clear up.

lmk what you find ,i've been just trying things alittle at a time because inj are 2100 and would hate to spend it only to have more problems! lmk what you find.

does it run smooth or rev fine with the truck up to operating temps? put it in neutral and rev it up very slowly and see if the truck shakes or if you can hear any rough spots in the rpm band. i did this to mine and it runs like perfect, very very smooth. im beginning to think somehow its a driveline vibration, not my injectors. yours sounds pretty bad now... try what i said and tell me what you find.

thanks. i will know a lot more tomorrow after work. gonna get a chance to look at the truck a lot more.

does it run smooth or rev fine with the truck up to operating temps? put it in neutral and rev it up very slowly and see if the truck shakes or if you can hear any rough spots in the rpm band. i did this to mine and it runs like perfect, very very smooth. im beginning to think somehow its a driveline vibration, not my injectors. yours sounds pretty bad now... try what i said and tell me what you find.

thanks. i will know a lot more tomorrow after work. gonna get a chance to look at the truck a lot more.

my rpms jump up and down like crazy and take a long time to drop to idle .
i even had to shut the motor off because it stayed reving

ok guys ,changed injectors to bn bms and still same thing .i had a diferant map for my tow tune so i loaded it in and then the throttle kept hanging while driving until i had to shut the key off ! i did however notice that the vibrating and surging changed from 16.500-19.500 to an earlier 12-1600 rpm . then i loaded the stock tune in it and it still had the surging vibration at a even lower rpm . i was told to have my ecu flashed at the dodge dealer and then try and reload the efi live back in .has anybody had this kind of a problem before ?

Back