vibration

frank305

i have a prety much stock truck just a tst power max and a stock (trany) every time in crusing when my converter locks up around 50 i step on it and the truck starts vibrating what can that be the converter

Im sorry to bring this back from the dead but did you/anyone figure this one out. My truck is doing the same thing. Let it shift out and slowly roll into the throttle and the whole truck shakes. Once the RPMs are up a lil it doesnt do it. I was thinking it may be the center bearing on the driveshaft cause the driveshaft to wobble when loaded??? What yall think?

dang, me and frank are the only ones that has ever had this problem?? Could the transmission be slipping and causing the whole truck to shake??

after some reading is it possible the center bearing on the driveshaft could cause. Cmon folks, helpabrotha out here, heh.

I suppose it could be the carrier bearing on the drive shaft but I'd almost go back to the converter having issues with the extra power. My stock tranny did the same thing with Smarty about a week before my Garmon tranny showed up.

Ray, how many miles are on your truck?

ROB

101k miles. I guess it could be the converter. That sucks!

sounds like the converter, thats what my 12v is doing. replacing the converter tommrow nite or friday morning.

I had a mustang that shuttered going into OD. Turned out the fluid needed changed. How old is the trans oil? Is the fluid turned brown and burnt?