Video of my 190cc injectors...

Extended Power

Sorry for the quality, but I am trying to drive here too.
This was taking while just cruising down the street...it shows how with just a bit of throttle, it pukes black, and has high temps...

Talking with some very knowledgable people, possible cause/causes could be:

-The new Stage 2 camshaft.
-Extrude Honed nozzles on the injectors. (Only 50%)
-FICM
-Tuning
-Tire size. (Rolled the old 285/75/16 up against the 325/60/18's and they are so close in height, it shouldn't make a difference.)

Thoughts.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uHymlyxf-o

Unrelated question, but did you notice any gains from using Doug's intake manifold? I'm thinking about getting one myself.

Unrelated question, but did you notice any gains from using Doug's intake manifold? I'm thinking about getting one myself.

......still waiting for it. Doug said he was shipping them as fast as he could.
Shawn and I are both waiting on them to show up....not that it will make as big of difference on my truck as on Shawn's truck though.

I may have to drive up to Fort Mac for a couple days before I pull the holiday trailer...

what turbo and injector combo are you running? Does it haze all the time while idleing?

what turbo and injector combo are you running? Does it haze all the time while idleing?

Ivan has now switched back to stock injectors cause there were issues with the ones he was running. He is also running a 64/71/70 turbo as i am.

I had to pull the 190's out because I needed something that would work for pulling a trailer in the mountains.

Between Eric being on holidays, not able to adjust tunes in time, and having smoke, and heat issues with the 190's, I had no choice but to pull the 190's out, and install my stock injectors that are new.(Less then 3500 miles) My only concern was if the stock injectors would spool the 64mm turbo.

As it turned out, I installed my stock injectors, and ran the Extreme street tune from Eric...(The same one that was in the video's) I had no issues with the trailer, only had trouble trying to go 45-50 mph, because the truck would shift, lock up the converter, and the turbo would loose boost...but a simple press of the "Tow/Haul" button, and all was good.

I am now running a modified Extreme Street tune from Eric, and it's fun to drive...stock injectors still...

maybe time for twins

Well yes...or a Procharger...but Chad and Buddy both have not responded to my E-mails...

I haven't got the money for them now anyways.

Still waiting for an intake manifold from Doug,:pop:
...and still waiting for some kind of response from Chad Westfall about the injectors I sent back to him...:bang

I dont mean to hijack your thread but, I am doing a FASS system here shortly, with stock sticks and stock turbo. I am in the same boat as you with towing in the mountains when we go snowmobiling and pulling the gooseneck at home. Would i notice anything with just a fuel system and stock injectors or could i go with like a 155 and be able to get away with it? Again sorry for the hijack

i would recommend maybe going with a low pressure FASS system that utilizes the factory pump. This way you have the FASS system and the factory pump. I was running this for a long time with no issues even with my 190's. Pressure would drop about 5psi or so when mashing the peddle, but it would come right back to 60psi in a couple seconds. So with this setup and stock sticks or even 155's...i think you'll be just fine.

and that way, if you lose your fass pump you will still have a working pump to get you home

Anyone got a set of "Perfect" 190-225cc injectors that they wanna trade for my "Perfect" stock injectors? I will buffer with cash on top...

The "190s" that I sent away are gonna take some time before they can look at them, so...I am looking for a known working set of 190-225cc injectors.

Thanks

Didn't you wait forever to get them back last time ? Did you say you were pulling your trailer on your RACE tune ? I was having trouble with my new tow tunes dropping off too , until I pushed the button !

Didn't you wait forever to get them back last time ? Did you say you were pulling your trailer on your RACE tune ? I was having trouble with my new tow tunes dropping off too , until I pushed the button !

No, these injectors came from another vendor, not Ryan Casserly.

I had sold my good Casserly 190's when I was going to build my twins...since they were too small for the amount of power I wanted.
Then the plans changed, I stayed with a single turbo, and had no injectors to run with except my good stock ones.

The injectors that were in made me wanna kick myself in the ass for pulling out the engine again, and spending all that money for nothing. (On my rebuild)

The vendor has had the injectors for 3, 4...maybe 5 weeks now...so I am checking into different options now for 190-225cc injectors.

Yes, I was able to run my Extreme Street tune while towing with no problems.
The biggest problem BEFORE the tune was tweaked, was at about 48-55 mph...the tranny would lock-up, and the rpm's would fall to 1350-1500 rpm....loosing almost all the boost pressure. (Only had about 3 psi)
Now, I have next to zero smoke at all, until I get over 50% pedal...then the HPOP pressure increases, and the fuel starts a flowin...

It runs EXCELLENT right now....I can't believe how easy stock injectors can spool a 64mm turbo on the street...:snoop:

I know...I said I would get one for you...
Talkin with Eric, I am completely out of fuel...but they will still spool the 64mm like no ones business...I'm impressed for sure.

I know I have said this before too.....I will try to get video today....