voiding warrenty for not having a cat

olred07

Diesels for Christ
They think 95% its headgaskets, if so should i have them install arp head studs. service manager said once they redo the headgaskets they dont ever have any problems with them going out. my ? to yall is it worth me buying arp studs and having them install them?

So what you are saying is they do them 1 time with factory bolts and then the customer goes to another dealer to stud the motor?

no the service manager said in his past trucks to do headgasket jobs on they usually don't have any more problems with headgaskets and they have never installed arp studs. my question is it worth having them put arp studs in? of course i will buy the studs too.

You have an 07 and you were able to blow the gaskets once so what makes you think that it can't happen again on the stock bolts? Long before 07 they revised the torque method and that was supposed to fix the early problems yet you still had a problem. $450 or less for studs is cheap now when the labor is free. $1800 later to do them right is not going to be fun.

By the way, what does this thread have to do with the title?

They can void your Exhaust warranty, not your whole warranty. If thats what they are saying tell the service manager you want it in writing to take it to an attorney.

you should go ahead and try to have them replace your oil cooler as well. My truck had the heads changed with new gaskets and studs intsalled and still puked. Finally the oilcooler failed. I had a new on installed and the truck hasn;t puked since.

i put that title to get attention to my thread, but yes they said a ford rep was there and saw that there was no cat and said void his warrenty. my truck is blowing water out for the 2nd time, first time it was egr cooler, this time they 95% its headgaskets.

If they only put an EGR cooler the first time and did not change the oil cooler. You may have popped yet another EGR cooler.

ford is voiding my warrenty for my exhaust system is there anything i can do to stop this?

You have a PM! I doubt that Ford is voiding your warranty, the dealership is trying to void your warranty. They can't void your warranty on the drive train for Exhaust, they can void your exhaust warranty. Tell them to put it in writing,a nd you want the contact info of the "Rep" that saw your truck.

You have a PM! I doubt that Ford is voiding your warranty, the dealership is trying to void your warranty. They can't void your warranty on the drive train for Exhaust, they can void your exhaust warranty. Tell them to put it in writing,a nd you want the contact info of the "Rep" that saw your truck.

yep

Try some diplomacy with them first. Ask the service manager for a bit of his time and find out what their intentions are for your warranty denial, then try to reason with them. If they haven't done anything to the truck and won't budge, take it to a different dealer. Sure seems like there is an awful lot of these reps running around recently. When I had my 05, I begged to get a rep involved, and that dealer made it seem like it would be difficult to get a rep there so I tried on my own and was told I needed to write a letter, wait for it to be reviewed, donate blood, give up first born male, etc. and then maybe a rep would get involved.

Studs will be worth it. IMO who wants their $$$truck torn into repeatedly.

There are alot of reps running around now. 6.4L is getting hit even harder.

nothing but when you mod it..warranty in alot of cases is GONE..no jokes..you remove the DPF and the service rep see's it..DENIED..is what they will tell you..

Back